Preparing for a fresh install of RaspBMC / LIBRTMP Updating
Hi all - longtime lurker, first time poster.

With my past lurking, I've managed to set up a couple of pi's with RaspBMC in the past, but the last one I did was about 12 months ago ... so I've just logged back onto this forum to refresh my memory ... and mainly, try to find the copy paste code for downloading and then running the librtmp update ... but am drawing a blank.

My Google-Fu has failed me Sad If memory serves, it was in the very long Sportsdevil thread that has now disappeared?

Might someone have saved it somewhere? Or be able to point me in the right direction? Blush

Thanks v much!
This forum has become more explicit in what can and can't discussed, and sportsdevil is on the banned list (http://kodi.wiki/view/Banned_add-ons).
There are other forums where that addon can be discussed, but you'll have to google for them.

If you find other (non-banned) addons that require an updated librtmp then you can ask about those.

Note, the official Helix release is just out which may avoid the need to update librtmp - possibly kodi is using a new enough version now.
Thanks for your quick response popcornmix. I had figured discussion re: Sportsdevil had likely been banned and that was why the thread had disappeared ... you understand of course, my wanting to update the librtmp has nothing to do with Sportsdevil though - I just wanted to make sure I had the most "up to date" version of the file ........ ahem Smile

I'll look into Helix/Kodi as alternatives to RaspBMC though if they do away with the need to update - thanks for the pointer.
(2014-12-29, 18:38)Mr-C Wrote: I'll look into Helix/Kodi as alternatives to RaspBMC though if they do away with the need to update - thanks for the pointer.

Kodi is the new name for xbmc. Helix is the latest stable version (following on from Frodo and Gotham).
You can still use raspbmc, just make sure it's up to date (raspbmc updated a few days ago. See here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preparing for a fresh install of RaspBMC / LIBRTMP Updating0