Playing RAR archives
These .rar problems have all been explained in detail before, the message does not seem to get through tho !

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1212112

(2014-12-30, 13:40)popcornmix Wrote: It tells me that ffmpeg doesn't like the audio stream. That occurs before it gets to any Pi specific code.
Can you try playing the file on another Kodi/Helix platform (e.g. Windows or linux)?

I installed Kodi on my PC now and I can play the file with no problems. The strange thing in my Pi now is that if I browse to the video file via the file system rather than using the library (TV shows menu) I can play it. But not if I go via the library, then I get the weird graphical animation and laggy sound-thing.
(2014-12-30, 14:31)Phoebe Wrote: I installed Kodi on my PC now and I can play the file with no problems. The strange thing in my Pi now is that if I browse to the video file via the file system rather than using the library (TV shows menu) I can play it. But not if I go via the library, then I get the weird graphical animation and laggy sound-thing.

Was this file scanned into library using Helix build with "Allow browsing into archives" disabled?
Can you remove and then re-add the file to library?
(2014-12-30, 14:47)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 14:31)Phoebe Wrote: I installed Kodi on my PC now and I can play the file with no problems. The strange thing in my Pi now is that if I browse to the video file via the file system rather than using the library (TV shows menu) I can play it. But not if I go via the library, then I get the weird graphical animation and laggy sound-thing.

Was this file scanned into library using Helix build with "Allow browsing into archives" disabled?
Can you remove and then re-add the file to library?

Adding it to the library with the option enabled, on my Pi, you mean?

I did that now, and it seems to be working, so I'm gonna remove everything from my library, adding it, and hopefully it will work. Thank you so much for taking your time helping me!
(2014-12-30, 14:49)Phoebe Wrote: Adding it to the library with the option enabled, on my Pi, you mean?

Yes. Just a guess but I wonder if scanning with archives disabled adds the ".rar" file to library, and scanning with archives enabled adds the ".mkv" inside the rar to library.
Possibly trying to play a ".rar" directly gets the effect you are seeing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing RAR archives0