Sad state of Kodi skins
i’ve been trying almost all popular skins for XBMC\Kodi and most compatible and most popular is still Confluence – which is old and really outdated
lost of people waste a lot of time to make something to replace that default skin with something nice
i think skins is something from 00’s – old and rudimentary and must be left behind and Confluence must be replaced with one good modern UI (sometjing like Windows 8 or Xbox One) with customization within Kodi app for different use (mouse, remote, touchscreen)
next time try to write a post when you're sober.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-12-29, 23:52)ronie Wrote: next time try to write a post when you're sober.
Lol
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I look forward to your release.
(2014-12-29, 23:52)ronie Wrote: next time try to write a post when you're sober.

that was good! ROFL!!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
its just my thoughts
every time i turn on my Kodi box i wanna turn it off because of ugliness and unfreindliness of the UI
why not just make one good UI instead of 20 where each has its own problems
Well don't use it then. Choice is yours.
A skin you like could be for Someone else ugly,
I prefer a black background on my Windows desktop,
Others like to have fancy pictures.

Look for a skin you like and use that one.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
If you think it's so easy to make skins, why don't you make one of your own, publish it here and expose it to our judgment?

Tgx
(2014-12-30, 08:25)TRaSH Wrote: Look for a skin you like and use that one.

i've tried lots of them and every one have some problems
for example i like Conq skin but it has problems with my favorite addons from russian devs
(2014-12-30, 09:10)Tgxcorporation Wrote: If you think it's so easy to make skins, why don't you make one of your own, publish it here and expose it to our judgment?

Tgx

i know its hard, i've help make skins for couple of app for PalmOS. i'm just sayin why not make one unified UI with good UX? 10 years ago there was skins for almost any popular application -- winamp, wmp, vlc and so on, right now there is almost no application with skins because skins in 99% cases = bad UX
Plex was forked from XBMC and now its popular commercial product and i think part of his success is good UI. new starups like Slice and OSMC are based on Kodi and offer more frendly UX with nicer UI
why not Kodi take same aproach? it will definitely helps popularize this great app
(2014-12-29, 23:54)Hitcher Wrote: I look forward to your release.

)))
i very like your Conq skin and i cant wait to see what you do for OSMC

LMAO that was good actually made me LOL
(2014-12-30, 10:07)Olepir Wrote: i've tried lots of them and every one have some problems

Then help with the problem, come with a fix in the code.
Did you at least report the problems?
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
He's talking about problems with some add-ons, i really doubt it's a skin problem. Other than that he's crying around "bad UX"
I agree with ronies comment Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sad state of Kodi skins0