Migrating to a Hyper-V Win 7 VM
I am in the process of moving my recording duties off my Windows 8 machine and on a Hyper-V Windows 7 VM. I purchased a HDHomeRun tuner and have WMC set up. This configuration seems to be working well with ServerWMC. I want to run this in parallel with my Windows 8 box for a while just to ensure stability. I would like to find out if there is a way to migrate my scheduled recordings from the Windows 8 box to the VM. I am running 2 instances of ServerWMC my main TV is connected to the Win 8 machine and my laptop is configured to the Win 7 VM. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.
I'm not sure what is out there but what you're wanting to do isn't related to ServerWMC or XBMC/Kodi and is more just a basic WMC question... So the good news is that other info should be out there on thegreenbutton or other WMC communities as to how you could do this

In my case I just set them up again as I didn't have that many scheduled recordings

Let us know how your vm solution goes, I'm always interested to know. I'm running VMWare workstation myself as I have usb tuners and hyperV can't do usb devices
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Sorry for the off topic post. I will provide an update on the overall setup once I feel it is stable.

Thanks
Try Sean’s WMC Backup. I've used it to move my recording schedule/channel lineup between ESXI VM's
(2014-12-30, 16:06)r.og Wrote: Try Sean’s WMC Backup. I've used it to move my recording schedule/channel lineup between ESXI VM's

I gave this a try and it didn't work out. It seems that there are differences between the Win 8 and Win 7 configuration file, and upon further examination my channel references are different as well since I am using a different tuner config. I just set up the scheduled recordings manually. The WMC Backup does give me a nice reference of what I have configured on my Win 8 machine though. Nice tool to assist with a clean install on the same platform and hardware. About to swap my Hyper-V host hard drive for an SSD and this project will be complete. I will give it a month and report back with the results. So far Hyper-V and HDHomeRun seem to be working great with ServerWMC and Kodi.
Yes I was actually going to mention you might have had compatibility/version issues moving from WMC on win 8 to 7
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrating to a Hyper-V Win 7 VM0