• 27(current)
CCM for Helix
(2015-01-27, 23:08)Mudislander Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 19:53)Vimes Wrote: Just decided to try this out running the latest RC of Kodi under my Amazon Fire TV. It seems to run fine except when I am using the default Confluence skin and navigate on the Home Screen to the Video menu and then look down at the choices of the sub menu I see "Files". Selecting that allows me to navigate the named shared library sources, great for amending shows and films that do not get picked up due to naming issues etc.
When using this skin and select the "Files" sub menu choice I get the same as the "Library" option which shows....

Movies
Tv shows
In Progress TV Shows
Recently added movies
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

Adding "Video" shows the same and "Library" shows the same.

It is though the option "Files" are not showing the added library sources.
I have not found anything to add as a sub menu item to show that either.

Any help please...?

Tiny thing noted, probably mentioned before.... Where it can display the IP address on the Home Screen above the menu bar, when selected to do so, there is a ] in front of the 192.168.1.200 and so it looks like ]192.168.1.200

I've just re-checked on initial install of CCM the "library" and "files" option in Videos Submenu have the exact commands of the Videos submenu items in Confluence eg: ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return) and ActivateWindow(Videos,Root) - Are you sure they're acting differently, on the same machine ?

Don't forget that in Kodi the files option takes you back to where you were last - which maybe the root of your library. I have just reset my install back to defaults and do not have a problem. if I end up in the library, one of the etc. etc you mentioned is "files" or .. to go up a directory.

Good catch on the "]" again I've not got it Smile but that only means I saw and fixed it. Probably came from adding the new font colour option.

Thanks for the reply....

It is me making an error. I have been flipping between Kodi 14.1 official and then the SPMC build. The Kodi official using this wonderful adaptation of the Confuence skin and then SPMC using the vanilla version.

On the SPMC build....

and then when opened....

those names being the library shared folders and thus quick and easy access to my shared media. As noted if a TV series or movie isn't picked up by the scraper I just select "Files" and then go to the relevant part of the library to rename it.

If I apply this skin in SPMC it works that way as well.

So the function was defined by the SPMC version of Kodi and not the skin.

Phew Wink

It is a useful function though.
Thanks for fixing the issue with the background art loading. In terms of the 12 addon sets under the 12 menu items, is there a simple way i could just hardcode these? I realise that it will be removed when you do an update, but i dont mind hand coding them back in.

Thanks
I've been playing around a bit and noted a couple trivial things you can easily correct when you get a spare moment Mudislander:

In the skin settings under Scripts, the heading for Centralized FanArt Directories - "Centralized" is missing the "t".

With Single Global Background disabled, and List Item Background Fanart disabled and no other changes, using the default images, the background for Recently Added TV Shows is black instead of the default "red auditorium" image.

Now a couple comments:

When I go to the main settings screen I see that there is now a large Kodi symbol in the area that used to have the "gears" image. I much prefer the "gears" image over the Kodi symbol.

If one of the desires of this skin was to remain true to the stock Confluence look for the most part, why the addition Stream and Radio main screen items? Actually I don't really underatand what they are (n00b!), the Radio seems to want a PVR addon and the Stream seems locked on a music video station. Dunno, maybe it's what all the kids are doing these day. Lol.

Again, very nice work. Thank you.
RLW
A couple other items I wonder if you add to your list Mudislander...

I'm loving the YellowGreen text for highlighted selections. Especially when using the fantastic Grey theme that thewarm provided. Would it be possible to have that highlight move with the focus when selecting the submenu items? On list items?

On a related note, when pulling up the transport menu while watching a video it would awesome for my old eyes if the currently highlighted button was the same as the highlighted text (YellowGreen) - the highlight being the circle around the button.

Also, and maybe this should be better addressed to thewarm (?), I do prefer slightly more distiction between the HD and SD icon in library lists. I like the stark, nearly monochrome theme but these items would be easier to see at a glance with some colour.

With respect to backgrounds I like thewarm's Grey theme best when the Global background is set. Love that black grill background and personally don't care much about fanart... But I DO like the Live background for Weather. However I can't change the Weather background if Global is set. By definition, I know. Would it be possible to make exceptions to Global?

And finally (and you thought I was never going to stop...), when quickly scrolling through library items, would it be possible to relocate the pop-up index letters to float over the list instead of where they now appear down on the bottom right?

Excellent work and thank you.
RLW
(2015-01-28, 00:43)dan_jericho Wrote: Thanks for fixing the issue with the background art loading. In terms of the 12 addon sets under the 12 menu items, is there a simple way i could just hardcode these? I realise that it will be removed when you do an update, but i dont mind hand coding them back in.

Thanks

Depends on you Big Grin It's actually not that hard.

You've just caused me to find a major issue, that I'm surprised no one has commented on. All the icon sets except AddonSet on disappear when playing media on the home screen with a lowered menu. Was checking the code for you when I noticed it.

The file is "IncludesHomeAddOnSystem.xml" First I would scroll to near the bottom and look for the includes "AddonSetOne" to "HomeAddonSetTen" obviously you will need an Eleven and Twelve.

The back to the top you will see there is two "<control type="list" id="700">" that is for AddonSetOne you need to make the same things for your new groups Eleven and Twelve, watch out for id numbers already used eg:700
Noli illegitimi carborundum

@Mudislander: Did you fix the problem I was having with no background on the Video Tab displaying after enabling Videos>Files? I noticed it now displays the Video "Red Movie Theatre" image, (which I set to be the default) If you did then Thanks! if you didn't, then as I said earlier must have been a user error on my part. Cheers either way Smile
(2015-01-28, 01:28)WildPhydeaux Wrote: I've been playing around a bit and noted a couple trivial things you can easily correct when you get a spare moment Mudislander:

In the skin settings under Scripts, the heading for Centralized FanArt Directories - "Centralized" is missing the "t".

Easy fix - Thanks

(2015-01-28, 01:28)WildPhydeaux Wrote: With Single Global Background disabled, and List Item Background Fanart disabled and no other changes, using the default images, the background for Recently Added TV Shows is black instead of the default "red auditorium" image.

Will look at it. - Tempted to swear here (At the background not you) Big Grin

(2015-01-28, 01:28)WildPhydeaux Wrote: Now a couple comments:

When I go to the main settings screen I see that there is now a large Kodi symbol in the area that used to have the "gears" image. I much prefer the "gears" image over the Kodi symbol.

Fair enough, I did ask what was preferred and no one else has commented. Personally, I've got no hard line on that one.

(2015-01-28, 01:28)WildPhydeaux Wrote: If one of the desires of this skin was to remain true to the stock Confluence look for the most part, why the addition Stream and Radio main screen items? Actually I don't really underatand what they are (n00b!), the Radio seems to want a PVR addon and the Stream seems locked on a music video station. Dunno, maybe it's what all the kids are doing these day. Lol.

Again, very nice work. Thank you.
RLW

I'll give you "Stream" which yes only streams "Radio105" over the internet and I know it's mostly in Italian, but is one of the few dependable sites I could find. It's actually only there because when I first did CCM I wanted to show guys what could be done. Now I use it as background noise rather than turning my projector on and off.

It's easy for you to go to settings and clear the menu option and it's gone.

"Radio" is actually a stock Confluence item Wink It's normally hidden on Confluence if you don't have a PVR backend. I originally had it that way but because on CCM you can chop and change the menu items some users had a problem with TV and Radio not being present on first startup, so I've had to relax the "visible" conditions.

(2015-01-28, 07:43)WildPhydeaux Wrote: A couple other items I wonder if you add to your list Mudislander...

I'm loving the YellowGreen text for highlighted selections. Especially when using the fantastic Grey theme that thewarm provided. Would it be possible to have that highlight move with the focus when selecting the submenu items? On list items?

On a related note, when pulling up the transport menu while watching a video it would awesome for my old eyes if the currently highlighted button was the same as the highlighted text (YellowGreen) - the highlight being the circle around the button.

Also, and maybe this should be better addressed to thewarm (?), I do prefer slightly more distiction between the HD and SD icon in library lists. I like the stark, nearly monochrome theme but these items would be easier to see at a glance with some colour.

I think all these would be directed to thewarm except maybe could you expand a little on the " highlight move with the focus when selecting the submenu items"

On a personal note I was wondering if the graphic for the submenu focused and unfocused shouldn't be swapped around.

(2015-01-28, 07:43)WildPhydeaux Wrote: With respect to backgrounds I like thewarm's Grey theme best when the Global background is set. Love that black grill background and personally don't care much about fanart... But I DO like the Live background for Weather. However I can't change the Weather background if Global is set. By definition, I know. Would it be possible to make exceptions to Global?

Sure - Turn off Global Background - Set Weather to Live Content - Set All Others to "Current Theme" - Make sure you have "gray" as the theme.

or Set all the others to "User Select" and then go to "Background Artwork" and set all items to single image and point it to gray.jpg in the backgrounds folder of CCM - First way is probably easier Smile

(2015-01-28, 07:43)WildPhydeaux Wrote: And finally (and you thought I was never going to stop...), when quickly scrolling through library items, would it be possible to relocate the pop-up index letters to float over the list instead of where they now appear down on the bottom right?

RLW

Actually I don't mind feedback, for everyone post here there's a lot more "lurkers" agreeing with you and I need to know what works and what doesn't.

The popup index letters. Not my favourite, straight after the popup seekbar. CCM normally has them on the bottom left of the screen, actually not sure what to do about them yet - remaining true to Confluence and all Big Grin

(2015-01-28, 09:20)evangelion Wrote: @Mudislander: Did you fix the problem I was having with no background on the Video Tab displaying after enabling Videos>Files? I noticed it now displays the Video "Red Movie Theatre" image, (which I set to be the default) If you did then Thanks! if you didn't, then as I said earlier must have been a user error on my part. Cheers either way Smile

I'm not sure - I'm lost and confused Big Grin

Actually I did look at the video backgrounds but can't remember if it was before or after the last repo update and there is still a small bug in the backgrounds from when I was testing them the other night.

(2015-01-06, 17:31)jmh2002 Wrote: Welcome back Mudislander! CoolCool

(2014-12-31, 11:12)nkgx Wrote: I think the feature list of previous CCM is a good start Smile. The skin provides great functionality without compromising simplicity.

^^^ I concur. Hopefully all the features and small tweaks that we worked on for so long can be rolled up into the new version.
(unfortunately some small tweaks do seem to have been lost in the final version for Gotham)

Just to confirm, this version will be Helix only - correct? (ie: it will NOT be backwards compatible with Gotham)

I need someone to upgrade to Helix and maintain the todo list as they used to do for the Gotham version of CCM Big Grin

Moving on what's the consensus on DVD cases for the library media lists, Do we want them or not and if so which ones. Need to look at the media views soon.

@mudis

hey man, any chance you gonna put out 3.0.6 today? :-)
Sorry, just found a big issue with the addons. The background problem with "recently added episodes" is going to take a bit of work - the reason the background is black is that CCM thinks it's in a TVShow because it's listing episodes and therefore wants to show the TVShow fanart as a background for ".." but it's not in a TVShow so there isn't a fanart image. Plus a few more little issues - Also I'm supposed to be getting ready to go to work and I'm still here Big Grin

(2015-01-28, 09:56)Mudislander Wrote: I need someone to upgrade to Helix and maintain the todo list as they used to do for the Gotham version of CCM Big Grin

Rofl Wink Angel

Ahh.... do you miss this? Wink Unfortunately I'm just lurking here at the moment, I don't have the same free time like before, during the CCM Gotham development period (I haven't even added any of the Angelinas mods, I'm still on your final version for Gotham, with the only change being the recently posted sidebar fix - the code change to lower the tab).

Before I upgrade to Helix I think I need a lot more of the basic functionality of CCM to be working, so I can use it daily to pick up on the small details.

If I understand correctly we are still a little way off from a general working release?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-01-28, 10:00)Mudislander Wrote: Moving on what's the consensus on DVD cases for the library media lists, Do we want them or not and if so which ones. Need to look at the media views soon.

I like them and give this a +1....think we had a choice of a case depicting file type or one depicting DVD/BlurayHuh But for simplicity, just a case would be fine and could it appear in all modes? Like "List, Fanart views, Info views" etc.....

As for the index letter thing - can it be toggled off? Not a favorite of mine at all....

BTW: Being in the US, I had to figure out what "Chuffed" meant Wink My day was not wasted - I learned something! Smile
(2015-01-28, 09:37)Mudislander Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 01:28)WildPhydeaux Wrote: Now a couple comments:

(2015-01-28, 09:37)Mudislander Wrote: Fair enough, I did ask what was preferred and no one else has commented. Personally, I've got no hard line on that one.

Yep. As I'm new to the discussion and skin I hadn't yet seen this. It's not important to me, just stating my preference.

(2015-01-28, 09:37)Mudislander Wrote: It's easy for you to go to settings and clear the menu option and it's gone.

"Radio" is actually a stock Confluence item Wink It's normally hidden on Confluence if you don't have a PVR backend. I originally had it that way but because on CCM you can chop and change the menu items some users had a problem with TV and Radio not being present on first startup, so I've had to relax the "visible" conditions.

(2015-01-28, 07:43)WildPhydeaux Wrote: I'm loving the YellowGreen text for highlighted selections. Especially when using the fantastic Grey theme that thewarm provided. Would it be possible to have that highlight move with the focus when selecting the submenu items? On list items?

(2015-01-28, 09:37)Mudislander Wrote: I think all these would be directed to thewarm except maybe could you expand a little on the " highlight move with the focus when selecting the submenu items"

Will do. Yeah, I wasn't sure where the lines crossed on that between theme and skin.

What I meant by highlight perhaps what you're calling focus. I mean the YellowGreen (in my case) text. So it's used as both a demarcation indicator, such as the section headings in, for instance, the skin settings pages and also as a focus indicator, such as when moving across the main menu. For consistency as a focus indicator it would be nice if it also indicated submenu items. Right now, I scroll over to Movies and Movies text is YellowGreen. I scroll down to the Movies submenu and Movies text changes back to grey (fine) and Recently Added turns white - but YellowGreen would be more consistent with the action to my mind.

It would also be great if, in media lists, the text of the item in focus was highlighted with the colour of choice (YellowGreen!!!).

(2015-01-28, 09:37)Mudislander Wrote: On a personal note I was wondering if the graphic for the submenu focused and unfocused shouldn't be swapped around.

I can see what you mean but I personally think it's a pretty tiny detail and am not fussed either way. If you swapped it that would mean the entire submenu bar would have that diffused white highlight all around it except the currently focused item. <shrugs>.

(2015-01-28, 07:43)WildPhydeaux Wrote: However I can't change the Weather background if Global is set. By definition, I know. Would it be possible to make exceptions to Global?

(2015-01-28, 09:37)Mudislander Wrote: Sure - Turn off Global Background - Set Weather to Live Content - Set All Others to "Current Theme" - Make sure you have "gray" as the theme.

Hmmm... not so much, though I agree that should work. But the Current Theme (gray) background of the black "speaker grill" only gets applied to the main menu as I scroll through the main menu. If I select Movies, TV Shows etc or their submenu items I get a background of either pure black or the "red auditorium" etc. This is with FanArt in lists turned off.

The other issue with Live Content for Weather I'm having is that the live backgrounds don't show up on the main screen with Weather the focus, only when I actually select Weather - then of course they are 90% hidden by the weather info. Oddly I thought this worked properly last night but this is what's happening now.

(2015-01-28, 07:43)WildPhydeaux Wrote: And finally (and you thought I was never going to stop...), when quickly scrolling through library items, would it be possible to relocate the pop-up index letters to float over the list instead of where they now appear down on the bottom right?

RLW

(2015-01-28, 09:37)Mudislander Wrote: The popup index letters. Not my favourite, straight after the popup seekbar. CCM normally has them on the bottom left of the screen, actually not sure what to do about them yet - remaining true to Confluence and all Big Grin

I personally love the popup index letters. When I'm in my Movies Library and am scrolling down in page mode to get to the "T" area or whatever, those titles go by so quick I swear the clock runs backwards. The popup alerts me when to back off on the down arrow on my remote. I used to use the Transparency skin and really liked that the popup index letter popped up directly where I was already looking when doing a fast scroll - right in the center of the scrolling list.

Actually I would love if I could use the number pad on my remote to jump to an alphabetical section. Eg: press 5 once and the list jumps to the "J" section. Press 5 twice and the list jumps to "K" etc. Maybe that's another thread though...

Cheers!
RLW
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM for Helix11