• 86(current)
CCM for Helix
Been playing with this skin for the past few days. I fixed the intro video and added a few improvements (added rating, duration, dates, genre, changed sounds, etc...). The hardest part was trying to figure out where everything went. I'm not a skinner by any means, but I understand HTML. The code is not well documented and I had to do a lot of trial and error, which meant playing with the code then rebooting my machine to see how everything looked. It took me several hours just to figure out which font was associated with the home screen (going line by line).

I rebooted my machine so many times, I'm surprised it hasn't blown up yet or ruined my HDTV. I was wondering if there is a tool I can use to see how the changes I made looked without rebooting my machine, like Dreamweaver for web design? I was looking at the skinning tutorial page and didn't see such a tool. I'm still playing around with a few more things, such as changing the time remaining display during playback and a few other tweaks. The one thing I need help with is figuring how to adjust the home screen to allow view of 5+ columns instead of 3. I found some of the lines to change, but it's more difficult than I expected. As I mentioned above, the code is not well documented and it's hard to find the line of code to allow me to shrink the width & height of the columns.
(2015-04-26, 02:03)JimShoe Wrote: CCM for Gotham had Weather Fanart enabled. Does this skin have that option? I've looked for it, but can't seem to find it.

Things to check

You need a weather addon installed and setup
You need to make sure it shows in System>Weather
In Skin Settings>General under the section for Home Screen Options "Home Top Left Info Area" needs to have Weather selected
@flhthemi I'm actually talking about this feature. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1115302

The background would change based on the weather outside.
Hey Musilander, are you still around? Can you give me an update on my issue posted in 1962282 (post)? That's the only issue for me atm.
(2015-04-26, 17:36)JimShoe Wrote: @flhthemi I'm actually talking about this feature. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1115302

The background would change based on the weather outside.

Skin settings
Home Menu Items
Set Weather to Live Background Content

I think there is one weather scene that either isn't there or its being called wrong but other than that it should work.
@flhthemi Ah right, I had Single Global Backgroud enabled. Know if there is a way to make the weather fanart the global background?
(2015-04-27, 02:16)JimShoe Wrote: @flhthemi Ah right, I had Single Global Backgroud enabled. Know if there is a way to make the weather fanart the global background?

Umm, maybe - In Skin Settings General settings Enable Single Global Background
Then in skin settings Background Artwork Select Multi Image
Now you'll need to drill down to the addons folder skin.ccm.helix\backgrounds\weather so that the weather folder is the one selected....

I don't know if this will randomly change with the weather conditions or if it will just randomly change the picture from within that folder....
I think there's a small bug in the OSD for when playing videos. Basically if I enable the "Enable Video Codec Info on Pause and OSD Menu" option, it makes the OSD menu appear if I do a chapter skip. This is really annoying since I like to show the codec info, but if I'm watching something with subtitles skipping chapters covers the subtitles up for a few seconds because it makes the OSD appear.
If I turn off the option the OSD doesn't appear of course when skipping chapters, but that means if I manually press the button to bring up the OSD it doesn't contain any codec info.

So the gist of it is that when enabling the "Enable Video Codec Info on Pause and OSD Menu" option the OSD also appears during chapter skips, which I would think it shouldn't do that?
Hi I've set my video background to live content but not all the folders are used is that normal ??

(2015-04-03, 13:13)Mudislander Wrote:
(2015-04-03, 12:46)Solo0815 Wrote: Another one:
"Movies" FanArt view:
If you click "OK" to get the Movie-Info, then the "Rating" Icon is missing. It shows up in the other views.

Small problem with my movie library, it's gone AWOL , must have been last night's greyhole reshuffle. But you talking about IMBD type rating not MPAA ?

Hey Mudislander.

I just found your skin, and installed it the other night. This is great, thanks for your work!!

I'm having the same type of problem as Solo0815, but it's more widespread than just the FanArt view.

To answer you question though, it is the MPAA rating.

For all the movies I have, the MPAA rating shows in the info (i button) screen, but on all the views (i.e. fanart, media info, list, poster wrap, etc) some movies show the MPAA Rating icon and some don't show the icon.

I've tried to figure out why some movies show the MPAA rating icon and some don't (i.e. refresh the movie data on the movies that don't show the icon, etc), but I don't know why.

If I switch to standard Confluence skin, the MPAA rating icons show up just fine.

I know this skin is a work in progress, so I just thought I'd provide some feedback.

Thanks again for all the work.
(2015-05-01, 12:40)marcd90 Wrote: Hi I've set my video background to live content but not all the folders are used is that normal ??

Marcd90,

I had that same problem with my Tv Shows.

I like to use Wide view for my Tv Shows. When I set this up sometimes the system would not download a poster, because wide view uses banners.

I found I had to go through and find all my tv shows that didn't have posters and download them.

This is relatively easy by setting the Tv Shows view to Poster Wrap and finding the entries whose posters looked funny (the banners are scrunched).

Once you set posters for all your tv shows, then the live content will work correctly. Live content uses posters and won't work with banners.

You can then go back to using wide view and the live content setting on the home screen will work.

Of course, this is just my observations and limited use (less than a week), so if anyone has any input, please enlighten us!

Big Grin
Thanks for the skin, easy to use and setup.

Found a couple of bugs which I'm not sure is specific to my setup. Running Kodi 14.2 on windows7 laptop.
Super favourites menu is cut off. Normal context menu shows up fine. Tried other skins to check and it's only happening here.
PVR isn't working great - should it be? Timer menu shows up blank and is followed by error message when ok is pressed.
Info bar on OSD sometimes disappears - don't have a pic to show this at the moment

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers, Kev
(2015-05-01, 22:34)NIS1169 Wrote:
(2015-05-01, 12:40)marcd90 Wrote: Hi I've set my video background to live content but not all the folders are used is that normal ??

Marcd90,

I had that same problem with my Tv Shows.

I like to use Wide view for my Tv Shows. When I set this up sometimes the system would not download a poster, because wide view uses banners.

I found I had to go through and find all my tv shows that didn't have posters and download them.

This is relatively easy by setting the Tv Shows view to Poster Wrap and finding the entries whose posters looked funny (the banners are scrunched).

Once you set posters for all your tv shows, then the live content will work correctly. Live content uses posters and won't work with banners.

You can then go back to using wide view and the live content setting on the home screen will work.

Of course, this is just my observations and limited use (less than a week), so if anyone has any input, please enlighten us!

Big Grin

Cheers for the help mate but it didn't help in my case
(2015-05-05, 23:56)Nat3Dog Wrote: My current setup - CCM Helix: Ver3.0.15

Really? I have version 3.0.13 and have just selected 'check for update' in the Kodi interface and there is no newer version identified. Was it a typo? If not, how/where do you get the updates?
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
(2015-05-06, 00:14)gshodg Wrote:
(2015-05-05, 23:56)Nat3Dog Wrote: My current setup - CCM Helix: Ver3.0.15

Really? I have version 3.0.13 and have just selected 'check for update' in the Kodi interface and there is no newer version identified. Was it a typo? If not, how/where do you get the updates?

No typo, and auto updated itself...
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM for Helix11