• 89(current)
CCM for Helix
Thanks mate. After digging thru the code, I was able to find the section and removed both the button and the startup logo.
Can anyone point me, how to add radio stations to radios menu...?
Had to do a reinstall and decided to give custom video nodes another go. I now have a home menu item for 'Documentaries' with submenu-items for 'Documentary Movies' and 'Documentary TV', they all work beautifully (after manually working out some kinks in the video node editor-generated .xml files). I still can't get the widget working properly though, now it just seems to display the first couple of documentaries sorted by name while I'm looking for a 'recently added' list. I'm aware that mixing content makes it impossible to have both recently added movies and episodes, but I'd be fine with just movies.

When I try to configure the random.and.last.items script it just gives me a dialogue window about enabling Clearart and CharacterArt for Movies and TV shows/enabling automatic fullscreen music playback. What's that about?

edit: Got it! Because I created three different nodes for the main menu documentary button, the documentary tv sub-menu, and the documentary movies button, it was possible to force an order by date (descending) onto the main menu node. Because the widget was only showing the first 10 documentaries in the list, it is now showing the 10 most recently added documentaries. Bit of a work-around I think, but it got me there! Now to back-up everything and write an .img so I'm never losing this config. Smile
Hey guys,

How do I get the add on icons to appear like the image from muds original thread? http://www.brucesplace.me.uk/ModScreenSh...odHome.png

I want this exact look and feel.

Thanks everyone!
Question 
It appears by default in Kodi that when you list the TV show episodes for any given season, a default all-seasons background is used as I have tried every skin I could find that change that so the seasonxx-fantart.jpg would be used instead of the default fanart.

I like your option for using the episode background as the background within the listing for a particular season. The <visible>Container.Content(Episodes) + !Control.IsVisible(515) + Skin.HasSetting(EpisodeBackground) + !stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..)</visible> code appears to be the way you've changed the default action; however, I was wondering how hard it would be to simply add an option to use the seasonxx-fantart.jpg for the list within that season in addition to the episode background setting - pick one or the other - episode background or season fanart background overriding the default all-season background?

I would think it would be fairly easy to do - a lot simpler than using the episode thumb as the background as it seems that seems more difficult. I sure wish I knew more about the mechanics of Kodi Skin programming...

EDIT 5/18/2015 10:13 Central - I've been able to figure out how to recreate what you did to change the backdrop to the episode in your skin, but still not having any success getting the season fanart to be used as the backdrop when scrolling through the episodes. I can get it to display when you select the season, but not inside the season.

I think maybe this question would be more appropriately asked in the skin development forum as its not specifically related just to your skin, but any skin. ( I found this post via google search and didn't realize there was a skin development section until I started looking around this site - I apologize if this was indeed the wrong forum to post this question)

Please feel free to throw me any ideas you might have here however if you have a quick fix.

TIA,

Robert
(2015-05-17, 22:04)ddzc Wrote: Hey guys,

How do I get the add on icons to appear like the image from muds original thread? http://www.brucesplace.me.uk/ModScreenSh...odHome.png

I want this exact look and feel.

Thanks everyone!

1) In Skin Settings - General - Under Home Screen Options, make sure Enable Low Main Menu Bar is OFF

2) Next you have to create an Addon Set for the Addons Main Menu item

A: Skin Settings - Addon Short Cuts - Click on User Friendly name on an unassigned set

B: Give it a name like maybe "Addon Icons"

C: Click on Add-on 1 Then select Video Add-ons Then select the Add-on you want displayed

D: Repeat step C with the rest of the items until you're happy!

3) Skin Settings - Home Menu - Now select the Main Menu Item to use, lets say you use Movies right below it's Menu Item Number, click -Sub Menu Set. From the list that appears select "Add-on Icons".

4) To get the high ones - Skin Settings - Home Menu Items select the menu item and then select a Widget Set

Done, now go look....
Any chance that the Plot on Pause window can have an X added to close it when needed?
I know I can shut it off in settings but there are times I want to pause the video without the Plot box in the way and there is no easy way to do that without stopping the movie and resetting the skin then resuming.

Perhaps a better feature instead of Plot on pause would be a toggle button in the player to display Plot over the video?
If thats possible I would also love to have the same thing for the Actor display!
Thanks flhthemi

I just installed the CCM Dev Build - I like the sleek look of the dev build and it supports the home screen buttons. Then again, I don't like how the dev build doesn't give enough space for the homescreen shortcut names. I might stick with the original ccm build. I need to find the backgrounds bc I like the hybrid background images.

I'm curious if everyone uses Super Favorites to create the links and shortcuts. What if the add on dies, will all of the Kodi menu links stop working? I'm not using the SF for this reason unless I'm wrong...just thinking worst case scenario.

Thanks again!
(2015-05-16, 10:09)Etzi Wrote: Can anyone point me, how to add radio stations to radios menu...?

And how do you disable "startup movie" Huh
(2015-05-19, 11:02)Etzi Wrote: And how do you disable "startup movie" Huh

See post #1312 in this thread...
(2015-05-19, 15:10)flhthemi Wrote:
(2015-05-19, 11:02)Etzi Wrote: And how do you disable "startup movie" Huh

See post #1312 in this thread...

Kudos, I'm currently reading this thread, but had not reached that post yet... Smile
^ which video is the entry video? For me, when I load Kodi, I get 3 loadings, 1. the default kodi icon with the version (in my case 14.1), then I get a small Kodi icon and finally I get a larger spinning Kodi icon. I wouldn't mind killing two of them, seems overkill.

In Skin settings, is there any way to disable and hide Skin Reset from the menu?

Also, under General - Power button action, I got super excited when I saw the options to Hibernate or Turn off the machine, unfortunately neither work for me Sad Any way to get this fixed?

Thanks!
(2015-05-10, 13:49)Novin Wrote: Q1: The place on the home menu under, for example, Movies where you can add addon icons, would it be possible to instead have the last X unfinished movies there? So you would have more than one which it is now and so you also could start via that icon, not just get the information?

Q2: When using a folder of background images that it cycles through, can I set the interval? I think it changes too often, every 7-8 seconds.

Has anyone found an answer to Q2?
Hi All,

So I added a new home menu named KARAOKE and linked it using the Music menu. I have the Karaoke addon and wondering how i can make it work that when clicking the KARAOKE menu it goes straight into the addon Karaoke. I prefer to eliminate the extra step of clicking the Karaoke addon. Using the same skin/mod on Kodi 14.2
(2015-05-20, 05:22)ddzc Wrote: ^ which video is the entry video? For me, when I load Kodi, I get 3 loadings, 1. the default kodi icon with the version (in my case 14.1), then I get a small Kodi icon and finally I get a larger spinning Kodi icon. I wouldn't mind killing two of them, seems overkill.

In Skin settings, is there any way to disable and hide Skin Reset from the menu?

Also, under General - Power button action, I got super excited when I saw the options to Hibernate or Turn off the machine, unfortunately neither work for me Sad Any way to get this fixed?

Thanks!

Anyone?
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM for Helix11