Kodi crashes on music library scan
(2015-01-04, 10:56)Martijn Wrote: Can you please create a trac ticket http://trac.kodi.tv/ with how to reproduce, attach Debug Log and a file that causes the crash?
Created a ticket, but I can't provide any logs, could not create them.
Ticket: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15669
Follow the Advanced instructions for debug_log (wiki) and copy & paste log to pastebin as there seems to be an issue with xbmclogs today.
I removed all id3 tags of all my flac files (used mp3tag, selected remove tag and then pressed undo), so all my files have flac tags now. And now all my files get scanned properly.

(2015-01-04, 12:36)jjd-uk Wrote: Follow the Advanced instructions for debug_log (wiki) and copy & paste log to pastebin as there seems to be an issue with xbmclogs today.

I will try to fetch them today.
Log is attached to the ticket.
HI
This happens to me as well. Im not sure whether my tags are ID3 or FLAC tags but I use MP3tag to tag me music files.
this was working when I was on XBMC 13.2.
Hello, I also use Mp3tag for all of my files. Strangely, Kodi crashes only while scanning the 16-bit/44.1 kHz folder but adds all of the 24-bit files (separate folder, bigger in size but with lesser files, separate scan).

On Linux Mint 13, with XBMC 13.2 I had no issues. From Linux Mint 17 on I am using Kodi and I encounter this problem. Today I downgraded to XBMC 13.2 on Linux Mint 17.1 and it crashes! Again, on Linux Mint 13, XBMC did create my library without problems...

Thank you for your development! I hope that all major bugs get out of the way, soon. Smile
It makes me feel less alone to find that other people have this issue.

My files are tagged with a great deal of care and patience. They're all flac, and Frodo handled them perfectly. If this is the issue, could someone please post an example of a flac that is correctly tagged ?

I imagine that if library scanning hits an incorrectly tagged file, it blows up, dumps an error log and quits. Perhaps a more useful action would be to tag that file, or write its file details to a log, and just move along to the next file.

If I can have a sample of a correctly tagged file, it may be fairly easy to use the wonderful MP3tag's DLLs to automate the re-tagging with a bit of Javascript. It seems to be a problem and that would be a quick proper fix. Alternately, the Update notes for Kodi might mention that it breaks in a bad way if given certain types of files. It's taken me days to get this far, another few is OK if it helps.
After a lot of reading in these forums, it seems to be the version of the id3 tag written to a file that is the problem. Apparently EAC for a while had settings which caused Kodi to ungracefully crash, and some settings for MP3tag were as well. It would be extremely handy if one of the Devs established what will work, then we can get on with it.It's alarming that downgrading to Frodo didn't fix the problem. I hope that's an unrelated anomaly.

Could we please, in one place, figure out what's wrong with the tagging, and figure out how to fix it. I've already suggested MP3tag used in batch processing.
From reading the ticket that CypherMK submitted, the devs are looking in to it and are tracking down possible outdated packages. See the link in his post, #16, and read the change history.

Looks like you'll have to go through your FLAC, identify which have non standard tags, and re-tag. All easily done through mp3tag, if a little time consuming depending on the number of files.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
How do you determine which FLAC files have non standard tags?
When Kodi crashes it does not output any information on the files being scanned.
enable debug logging and see where it hits the fan.
OK great. Enabled debug logging and saw the song/album Kodi crashed on.
Then converted the tags from FLAC(FLAC ID3v2.3) to FLAC(FLAC) using MP3Tag software and that did the trick.
Is that all this problem is about ? I know it's about tagging, but all my files are already tagged FLAC(FLAC). I thought there was some mysterious way in which the tags were written into the file.

OK then, I have a real big problem, if they're tagged properly.
Well thats what I thought as well until I enabled debug logging to see where it gets stuck.
I found I had only few files which their tags were different.
(2015-01-29, 21:29)helta Wrote: enable debug logging and see where it hits the fan.

I solved the problem by looking at the debug log file, last entry of the path that was scanned before the crash. So I found the "defective" folder, moved it out of the area I was scanning to my library, did a new scan and Kodi crashed again -> so I found a second "defective" folder by looking at the log. After moving also this one, a subsequent scan encountered no more problems.

First, I did thoroughly re-tag one folder with Mp3tag but Kodi crashed again scanning this folder. Afterwards, I re-encoded all FLAC files (of the two affected folders) using foobar2000 and voilà! The library scan finished successfully.

I think it was some ID3(?) tags that Mp3tag does not recognize, but that foobar2000 can handle. I find this behavior sometimes and adjust those tags, post Mp3tag, by hand.

(Before re-encoding, I saw some ID3v2 tags - only in one(!) of the two folders - on Mp3tag that afterwards were gone.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes on music library scan0