Req Advanced Settings option
I for one would love to be able to modify my advanced settings xml file from inside Kodi. For instance, install Kodi on a new system, and import or add the settings to pull files from my NAS or read my database...should be easy to do right?

But on Raspi or Kodibuntu its not that easy to just edit the file, you have to exit to another OS or copy a file across the network to that new system.

Or is this already in there somewhere and I can't find it?
As we go along, I think more settings will be evaluated for being "GUI-ized" if it makes sense, since we now have different settings levels. I doubt that all of them will be exposed to the GUI, since sometimes settings are in advancedsettings.xml because they aren't easy to enter even within the GUI, like a long regex string, or because they're very unstable/experimental and we don't want people to accidentally turn them on. Sometimes it's better to just see if we can remove the need for an advancedsettings.xml setting all together with better default logic, so something probably won't be directly added in that case.

What might be another option is some kind of text-editor add-on that can optionally be installed. I think that would be more likely to happen in the short run, especially as it can be used for multiple situations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Settings option0