Linux Cubox i4 Pro Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 LTS
Hi i tried to install kodi on my cubox i pro with Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 LTS.

I followed the kodi wiki for installing on linux.

Install Kodi for Linux

i did these steps:

sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update

After did that i get this.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kodi : Depends: kodi-bin (>= 2:14.0~git20141223.1015-final-0trusty) but it is not installable
Depends: kodi-bin (< 2:14.0~git20141223.1015-final-0trusty.1~) but it is not installable
Depends: libshairplay0 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Anyone can point me out pls?
apt-cache policy kodi

Actually come to think of it I don't think the ppa does arm builds. Any reason you aren't using openelec?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It is for a friend of mine he has one cubox i pro and want it for use as a webserver with kodi installed on top of it.

I tought kodi supported the cubox i pro.

Then i have to wait for archlinuxarm for a update to kodi.
openELEC 5.0 supports the cubox i4-pro
yes i know but i want to have linux with kodi installed on my cubox
The Team Kodi/XBMC PPAs do not have ARM builds.
But that's not to say you can't compile it yourself.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-31, 13:47)nickr Wrote: But that's not to say you can't compile it yourself.

Can you maybe point me out how to compile kodi for cubox i myself?
I am no arm expert but as you are using Ubuntu I would start with the ubuntu build instructions in the kodi wiki.
ok thnaks i will try that then thnx!
(2014-12-31, 01:42)Pienoet Wrote: It is for a friend of mine he has one cubox i pro and want it for use as a webserver with kodi installed on top of it.

I tought kodi supported the cubox i pro.

Then i have to wait for archlinuxarm for a update to kodi.

You can use the cubox "ignition" install image to boot up, connect, and DL the new KODI beta, and then upgrade that into the beta 3 IIRC.
It is KODI 14.0
Cubox-i Ignition Install Manager Info

It pretty much lists and allows you to install anything currently in the pipe (distros).
It lists three OpenELEC images, and two are KODI (maybe all?)

After all the DLs I have entire directories on my PC filled up with various Linux cubox-i distros, etc.

This installer they made makes all that go away. Nod It even has unofficial builds that were made available, and you could presumably even make a successful build and get it added to the list and onto some server somewhere they are being hosted from.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cubox i4 Pro Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 LTS0