New auto update & No TV? (Solved)
Fairly new to using Raspbmc (Kodi?) on my raspberry pi. I got it all set up a few weeks ago, bought the licenses, installed the backend on my Windows 7 PC and the zip on the Raspberry Pi, all working well. I got a FLIRC for Christmas and set it all up, plugged it into Raspberr Pi, and booted up (first time in like a week or so, been busy). Saw stuff not normal, half was off the screen. It appears Kodi updated itself and after it was all done and booted into the main interface, when I go to watch TV from my backend, it says nothing is setup. Then I went to add-ons and the add-on is not there. Tried to install it again from zip (still on my SD card) and it said that dependents weren't available? or something like that. What's going on? The system info says the build date of the OS was december 24, so it's a new update obviously. The little drop down notification said to contact the party responsible for the pvr?

Please help!
Thanks,
Mike
If you're now on Kodi Helix you need pvr.wmc 0.3.x (whereas XBMC Gotham had 0.2.x)

The correct version should be included with xbmc/Kodi usually, so you shouldn't need to install from zip
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to look at what version I'm on and update the zip on my SD card to the correct pvr.wmc add-on (or as you say, maybe it's already supported).
I read up on how to disable automatic updates, I think I'd prefer to have it off and turn it on only after I can get a chance to back stuff up.
Well, I gave up and just formatted my card and reinstalled with the latest. Where do I check what exactly I'm running in Raspbmc?
After the fresh install, I set it all up again. I can see my recorded TV shows, can see my channels, EPG, all that, but when I try to play a channel I get nothing. I re-entered my decoder keys already.

Thanks,
Mike
Still can't get it to work. Here's where I'm at:
- went to link and got the installer
- did my wired ethernet settings and wrote to SD card
- booted up Rpi, install process went along, then it downloaded a new update, installed, patch bash thing, all that stuff
- stock everything except I bumped up overclock to super
- entered my MPG2 and VC1 keys in GUI
- tried changing skin to Amber (per guide) but couldn't find it so still stock confluence skin
- went to add-ons, enabled pvr for ServerWMC, configured it to point at my backend (I still have port forwarding setup from last time)
- enabled TV in menu
- checked for updates on ServerWMC on the HTPC, no updates found
- rebooted Rpi
- on bootup it grabs the EPG, channel list, all that stuff, so it's seeing my backend
- go to TV, channel list, and select a channel to watch
- bottom right shows "working" then it disappears, nothing playing, no sound, no video, just back to channel list
- tuners tab on ServerWMC on HTPC shows one of my tuners red and streaming
- tried different tuners (ceton vs. hauppauge OTA) with no luck
- tried radio which worked previously, no lick
- verified MPG2 and VC1 keys on card in config file, entered correctly
- i'm using the CEC and TV's remote to control the Rpi like I had been before, but I've also tried disabling it and using a USB keyboard, no luck there

It's like it's all there any working, the server-client setup is working, i'm just not getting the video or audio. When i first tried this setup I was getting audio but no video and that was because I didn't have the keys. Bought those and all was well until I booted up one day, software auto-updated, and then it all broke.

I can't find where exactly to find what version of Kodi i'm running, but it says a build date of 12/24 and the PVR WMC add-on says it's version 0.3.108 so I assume I'm on Helix since that's what the built-in pvr wmc add-on was. Any use in uninstalling that add-on and manually downloading/installing the zip from the google drive?
You should just post the serverwmc log after a failed attempt to start a live stream (see debug tab in swmc, then post the log on pastebin and leave a link to it here).

But before that, what you are describing (view-able channels and epg, but can't start a stream). Is usually because the recorded tv folder that the wmc recording service uses is not accessible by your pi. Check the folders tab in swmc and make sure the path is right and that it is a network share, then make sure you enter the credentials so the pi can access the tv folder using smb.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-12-31, 19:48)krustyreturns Wrote: But before that, what you are describing (view-able channels and epg, but can't start a stream). Is usually because the recorded tv folder that the wmc recording service uses is not accessible by your pi. Check the folders tab in swmc and make sure the path is right and that it is a network share, then make sure you enter the credentials so the pi can access the tv folder using smb.

Well shoot... that fixed it! The path was right, all I did was enter credentials and share my recorded tv folder. On gotham it was working without having done either of those two things. Never thought to do those as I was able to see all my recorded TV files, just couldn't start streams.

Thank you for the help!
Cool. Weird that it worked in gotham, it really shouldn't have - but working is (usually) better than understanding.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New auto update & No TV? (Solved)0