• 3(current)
Kodi just started crashing out of the blue
(2014-12-31, 10:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 10:31)Martijn Wrote: to narrow down what is causing it

Problem seems to be from external repos... not the addons...

regardless Kodi shouldn't crash whatever they do Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Kodi crashes about once a day for me just idling in the background.
Same as others, just started last night (EST). Will run for a few seconds then just shut down.

Here is the debug:

http://pastebin.com/b359Aenc
after the latest updates today Kodi stopt working ! crashing after 10/15 sec
iam using osx 10.6.8 / windows 64 bit/
(2014-12-31, 08:37)Kib Wrote: From the two logs that were posted it seems to be an issue with an addon called istream. That means no support on this forum.

No, I don't have iStream that's not the problem
(2014-12-31, 08:33)Kib Wrote: @steepens:

Remove all your unsupported illegal video streaming addons, and try again to see if it is still crashing. If yes, post a new log. If not, you just discovered why they are unsupported.

My money is on the last option.

I too have the same problem with Windows 7, Gotham 13.2. Is there any goodness in your heart to at least have a quick look at one of the log files posted in this thread to perhaps give us all a pointer as to which add-on is the culprit? Mines is here http://pastebin.com/WuZDRpzU I'm sure everyone would agree that no add-on is more important than Kodi itself
Remove the illegal and unsupported addons one by one and try starting up. It must be one that runs automatically at boot. Try genesis and such.
if you shut down your internet connection Kodi will run en you can start removing things
(2014-12-31, 15:09)Kib Wrote: Remove the illegal and unsupported addons one by one and try starting up. It must be one that runs automatically at boot. Try genesis and such.

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem is, as others have said, Kodi doesn't stay alive long enough after reboot to allow you to get to the uninstall add-on page.
Guys. I just did two things and it appears to have stopped crashing (for the last 10 minutes at this point). I noticed in my log files two repos were listed as empty, etc and I quickly removed them in addons.

I also stopped Kodi from auto-updating video library on startup.

Fingers crossed, seems to be working.
(2014-12-31, 15:23)mhodgson6 Wrote: Guys. I just did two things and it appears to have stopped crashing (for the last 10 minutes at this point). I noticed in my log files two repos were listed as empty, etc and I quickly removed them in addons.

I also stopped Kodi from auto-updating video library on startup.

Fingers crossed, seems to be working.

Which 2 repos did you remove?
Cocawe and Carb0
got it working again !!! removed all things related to the xfinity repo
Once I removed "repository.cocawe" from the addons dir. Seemed to fix the problem.
[Windows]
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

I removed one by one every addon that threw and error from the Kodi.log, testing each time.

The addons that reported an error from .log, I have not re-installed back into the addons .dir.

[Android]
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/ [enable view hidden files]
search addons, remove "repository.cocawe"
(2014-12-31, 15:34)myystik Wrote: Once I removed "repository.cocawe" from the addons dir. Seemed to fix the problem.
[Windows]
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

I removed one by one every addon that threw and error from the Kodi.log, testing each time.

The addons that reported an error from .log, I have not re-installed back into the addons .dir.

[Android]
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/ [enable view hidden files]
search addons, remove "repository.cocawe"

can't even replicate it crashing with that one. It's just empty
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi just started crashing out of the blue2