Stacked Lists for a pre-sorted 2D-Grid (like a panel) possible?
Hello fellow skinners,

I am new to the forum, so a short hello to everybody.
I subscribed to this forum because it seems I need a custom skin for my player project.

I played around a couple of days with lists but dont find a suitable solution, maybe somebody
can give me a hint or a link to thread, or confirm that its not possible what I am searching for.

What I want to do is having a cleaned up skin for a jukebox style player in my living room.
-It will be a small computer (Orbsmart S82 / Tronsmart S802) with a HDMI touchscreen attached.
-I use it only for music (MP3) and eventually InternetRadioStreams (which I could add as M3U-Playlists to my MP3 directory structure, I guess),
so it should boot directly into Music modus and stay there. It should be a reduced skin like a Jukebox.
-I started with the re-touched-skin since it it is made for touchscreens and cleaned all computer-like buttons which i don't need.
-I want a 2D-Grid of CD-Albums/CoverArt (a.k. a "Panel" List) which I can move with a fingerswipe and select the CD/Album to play and so on.

So far so good. This all seems like a perfect job for a KODI skin. Now comes the clue:

For the 2D-Grid I first played around with a panel of all albums/folders.
I have a file structure like this:

\Genre1\Artist1\Album1\01 - FirstSongOfAlbum.mp3
\Genre1\Artist1\Album1\02 - 2ndSongOfAlbum.mp3
\Genre1\Artist1\Album2\01 - FirstSongOfAlbum.mp3
\Genre1\Artist2\Album1\01 - FirstSongOfAlbum.mp3
\Genre1\Artist2\Album2\01 - FirstSongOfAlbum.mp3
\Genre2\Artist3\Album1\01 - FirstSongOfAlbum.mp3

with the Genre directory for a rough sorting of my music library (so I have approx. 15 Genres, all my music is sorted in).
I want to have all my Albums in the Grid, with the rows being the Genre-Directory
and the columns being all albums of this Genre horizontally listed next to each other. So it should look lile this in the end

G1Ar1Al1 | G1Ar1Al2 | G1Ar2Al1 | G1Ar2Al2 ...
G2Ar3Al1 | .... | ...
G3... | .... | ....

Since I dont have influence in a panel in which row the items are placed (depends on page/control <width>)
I figured out that I need a vertical list of Genres and each item of this list must be a horizontal list of Artists/Albums of this genre,
so basically I need two stacked list. I tried this with normal lists (vertical and horizontal) and after hours of twitching around I doubt that this is even possible without making changes to the KODI sourcecode (I only have looked to XML-Skin-files, maybe a script or python code migght do the trick).
I could only make the top list (vertical) work, but not the horizontal list (rows).

So has anyone a comment on this or a link to a working example?
Also I have not inside yet what a script or phython code can do to solve this.

Many thanks in advance
TD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stacked Lists for a pre-sorted 2D-Grid (like a panel) possible?0