Linux Tweaking Video Library Views
Hi! I'm updating my HTPC to "2.0" and as part of this have moved from XBMC 10.2 (IIRC) to Kodi 14 (RC3).

In my previous setup I had customised a Video Library View, which I did by editing one of the 720p/Viewtype*.xml files.

However, in the current Confluence skin all those files seem to have disappeared. My guess is that I should be looking in ViewsVideoLibrary.xml, but I'm having trouble correlating the elements of this (large!) file with the views I see on screen.

Can anyone give me some pointers? I'll be happy enough to change the XML content once I find the right place to be playing with!

And, yes, I have made a renamed copy of the skin in my home directory and I have successfully changed a couple of other details already. My main requirement now is to change the metadata that comes up when scrolling through the movie list.

TIA.
OK, 72 reads and no replies... perhaps I need to rephrase the question to see if it makes any more sense to anyone.

I'm using Kodi 14 RC3, installed a few days ago and mostly working now, on Ubuntu 14.04. I'm using the Confluence skin, mainly because it seems to work but also because (subjective judgement) it looks nice.

However, in the Video Library View (I have c. 800 movies) I can't get quite the View that I want. "Media Info" is the closest - I like to see a list with a good number of titles listed at once, as a lot of choosing is done by browsing. But then I want to see more metadata for the title under focus - by default I just get Plot, Year and Genre. At the very least I also want Runtime and probably Director.

I'm happy to edit XML - I did something similar in an earlier version of XBMC - but I can't figure out where I should be looking. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Nevermind, tracked it down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tweaking Video Library Views0