• 7(current)
Kodi v14.1 testing (ended)
Using the Windows build from the 26th I noticed that Kodi is crashing when I minimize/restore it while a video is playing. I can't recall if this happened in 14.0, but it worked fine in 13.x releases. Anyone else seeing this?
(2015-01-26, 22:26)drpizznock Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 18:27)C.Taylor Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 06:02)C.Taylor Wrote: Install 14.1 on my 2 HTPC's and I found a bug (not sure if it's been mentioned yet). On the video player info screen, dts-HD audio flags are coming up incorrectly. Anything that's dts-HD 5.1 or 6.1 shows up as 7.1. I've tried dts-HD 2.0 and it came up at dts-HD 3.0. Tried multiple different movies and it happened over and over.

Dolby TrueHD, regular dts, AAC and the others I tried didn't seem to be effected.

On my workstation PC I still have 14.0 and all the player info screens show the correct audio codec.

Any confirmation on this being an issue or is it just me?

Are you using pass-through/wasapi?

Yes I am using passthrough. Not certain how that relates to the problem though. I'm getting the proper audio output. Or at least I believe I am. The issue is the displayed codec on the video player. Anything dts-HD5.1 or 6.1 show up in the various menus properly. As does dts-HD2.0. But when you play any of these files and press "I" for the info screen the incorrect codec is displayed. This only happens on 14.1 as 14.0 still shows the correct information.

I will triple check when I get home tonight.
(2015-01-27, 00:39)C.Taylor Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 22:26)drpizznock Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 18:27)C.Taylor Wrote: Any confirmation on this being an issue or is it just me?

Are you using pass-through/wasapi?

Yes I am using passthrough. Not certain how that relates to the problem though. I'm getting the proper audio output. Or at least I believe I am. The issue is the displayed codec on the video player. Anything dts-HD5.1 or 6.1 show up in the various menus properly. As does dts-HD2.0. But when you play any of these files and press "I" for the info screen the incorrect codec is displayed. This only happens on 14.1 as 14.0 still shows the correct information.

I wasn't able to repro it until I tried it on a box where I'm using pass-through w/ WASAPI instead of Direct Sound for example. Saving Private Ryan is listed as DTS-HD MA 5.1 in Media Info, but shows 7.1 when the movie plays in OSD. This is using the latest Windows build.
(2015-01-27, 03:38)drpizznock Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 00:39)C.Taylor Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 22:26)drpizznock Wrote: Are you using pass-through/wasapi?

I wasn't able to repro it until I tried it on a box where I'm using pass-through w/ WASAPI instead of Direct Sound for example. Saving Private Ryan is listed as DTS-HD MA 5.1 in Media Info, but shows 7.1 when the movie plays in OSD. This is using the latest Windows build.

Yes it's still doing it one passthrough. Changing the actual dts-HD audio codec on the player info screen and seemingly bumping it up 2 channels. To be honest I don't recall if it ever did this on 14.0 as I don't use passthrough on my PC which still has 14.0 on it. Seems to be a strange glitch.
(2015-01-26, 18:18)Ned Scott Wrote: New builds posted.

Windows users: this doesn't fix the webserver crashing thing, but our devs are working on it and will have a bug fix release for that, even if it doesn't make it for 14.1.

The problem about web server was fixed for me in the last 14.1 build ..

so I think that is better that I don't update to this version
Antec Fusion - A6 5400k / Ati HD7540 - Kodi Isengard
ASRock Beebox n3150 - Kodi Jarvis
Oled 55E6V - Onkyo nr809 - B&W 5.1 - Harmony One
not sure if it matters, when if you close windows from windowed mode it will always crash. Still with this latest 14.1 build
I have just downloaded and installed the January 26th build and it is described in the system information as Kodi 14.1-RC1, but then so was the January 12th build.

Surely this later one should be called -RC2. Also it is referred to as "dirty" even though I downloaded it from the link given on page one of this thread.

Is there an anomaly or can I just get on with using it and wait for the next release, which, hopefully, will be FR?
(2015-01-27, 10:49)JNRW Wrote: I have just downloaded and installed the January 26th build and it is described in the system information as Kodi 14.1-RC1, but then so was the January 12th build.

Surely this later one should be called -RC2. Also it is referred to as "dirty" even though I downloaded it from the link given on page one of this thread.

Is there an anomaly or can I just get on with using it and wait for the next release, which, hopefully, will be FR?

These are just being built as-needed, so no one has bumped the version numbers at all. All of the v14.1 test builds have gave the same info.
(2015-01-27, 11:25)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 10:49)JNRW Wrote: I have just downloaded and installed the January 26th build and it is described in the system information as Kodi 14.1-RC1, but then so was the January 12th build.

These are just being built as-needed, so no one has bumped the version numbers at all. All of the v14.1 test builds have gave the same info.

Thanks for your quick response, as ever.

I think I understand what you mean.
To add on to Viper's solution for Amlogic MX2 boxes, Viper's fix will not work on any Android firmware built by W2Comp (so far that I know). But, it will work on original firmware that allows you to install SuperSU.

Cheers.
I've noticed that Kodi crashes nearly always on exit with this release, will post requested details later on.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Tested build 26/01/2015 on Android ARM. Playback is overall smoother than compared to 14.0, which is great.

Hardware Acceleration is a mixed bag (MALI 450 GPU): If I switch off libstagefright and mediacodec, hardware accelerated playback is smooth but colours are somewhat washed out and pale and sharpness is lacking. Mediacodec gives an excellent picture, colourful and sharp, but playback is very choppy - there are hickups every 2 secs or so. libstagefright improves the sharpness but not the colours and playback is ok, but not buttersmooth. The situation regarding mediacodec and libstagefright is the same as with 14.0, btw.
What's the hold up x86 android build?
It's said "building" for last 2 days?
(2015-01-28, 23:05)trvbone Wrote: What's the hold up x86 android build?
It's said "building" for last 2 days?

Sorry, I forgot to update the link: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...86-x86.apk
Lol
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.1 testing (ended)2