A couple Kodi/Fire TV capability questions
Hi, totally new to Kodi and Fire TV. Searched on these topics and could not find answers.

1) Can Kodi on a Fire TV be launched and navigated using an android phone/tablet without the TV/display powered on?

I currently use a Squeezebox Classic to play flac files on my PC, so I’m wondering if Kodi on a Fire TV can provide the same functionality, without the need for a TV/display to be powered on to control Kodi settings, music selection, etc.

2) Can both video and audio files be in a single library or folder with Kodi on a Fire TV?

I currently use winamp for my karaoke library consisting of both avi files and mp3+g files. Both file types are listed/selectable/searchable (by their metadata) in a single winamp library. I’m wondering if the same is possible with Kodi on a Fire TV. For example, I would need a list of all files (avi and mp3+g) by song title and artist from metadata tags.

Assuming, 2) is possible, I assume I would need 2 separate libraries or profiles: one for flac music files and one for avi/mp3+g karaoke files.

Thanks for any input.
Any thoughts or direction to other threads?

Thanks.
1) Probably. I don't see why it wouldn't work if you were using the optical output.

2) Not quite. Unless you just want to view things by file names, but sorting my artist and all that probably won't work with a mix of videos and music.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A couple Kodi/Fire TV capability questions0