"Shows" vs "TV Shows"
I've always kept my shows in a folder called "Shows". It seems I am having more and more problems scraping as time goes on. The first episode of a series always gets thrown under some "Your Show of Shows" show and I'll be lucky if I don't have to go into files and manually add the rest. Is the (default) scraper really this picky about the folder being "TV Shows" vs "shows" or is there perhaps another problem at hand?
I'd just like to confirm that this is the issue before I start changing directory names and rescraping everything.

P.S. All series and episodes are named right from TVDB using FileBot and are structured SERIES -> SEASON -> EPISODE.
are you adding the root of the "shows" folder as the source or the above it?

I have a folder called "the crap kids watch", which as the name would suggest has all of the kids shows in and a folder called "the wife's crap", again all the shows she watches and it's never caused me a problem.
Heh, I have it organized similarly. I should have gone into more detail with the structure.

Videos -> Shows (hard drive mount)->
-Anime,
-Cartoons,
-Shows,
-[Wife's name]

Then, inside these folders are the series as described in the first post.
Please provide

1. Full path to a problem file
2. Identify exactly the point in that path where your video source is set to.
3. Exactly what options you have in your source setup (files, select source, context menu, edit)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have this problem too, ever since the Kodi betas.

I've got a NAS with mount /videos

I mount /videos to V:\ and add V:\Shows as a source to Kodi using TVDB scraper.

Under V:\Shows, it's folders with names of shows.

I wouldn't say it's only the FIRST episode. It seems random to me.
Please read my last post and let us have that info.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
V:\shows\Better Call Saul\Season 1\Better Call Saul - S01E01 - Uno HDTV-720p.mkv

source set to V:\shows

I assume you mean "change content" and not "edit", because edit just shows the path.
I'm using TVDB as I said, and neither option on that screen is checked.

Under settings, Enable Fanart is checked, Language is "en", rating from TVDB

All of the fanart and meta data files seem to be correct; They list the correct show, screenshots and episode description.

I've opened up my sqlite db to investigate further. Despite the metadata being correct, the episode in question seems to get assigned to this "Your Show of Shows" thing in the DB.

I ran a refresh on the episode twice and that seems to have corrected the issue, but without any explanation why it happens.
It is pretty clear to me that the folder 'shows' is being scraped, not 'Better Call Saul'.
Well, it's recursive because I have not marked the option that says "folder contains a single tv show". Almost every single show works fine with this workflow.
I have to say this show scraped just fine for me, even watched part of it last night.

At one stage did you have just v:\ as your source and still have some errors as a result?

Perhaps a debug log (wiki) of scraping would assist?
Are you using TVDB as the scraper? What's your setup in terms of naming and directory structure? I did not have just V:\ as a source at any point. I can't really get a debug log right now as tonight's episode will most likely work fine according to past experience.
I am using tvdb as a scraper and my naming is almost identical to yours - although I am unsure from here at the office whether I have the hyphens in the file name.
I finally figured out how to get a log on this (had to set the log levels). Here's an example with a different show:
http://pastebin.com/xghYsLe4

So it looks like a TVDB issue? However, if I go to the episode and do refresh, it detects it correctly for a time, then when I look later it is under "The Take-Away Shows" again.
I am guessing that you have a wrongly set up source. What is in your sources.xml file?

Also please remember:

1. partial logs are almost useless.

2. logs shouldn't be posted here. Put them in pastebin and post the link here.
Apologies. I've updated the original post.

Sources.xml: http://pastebin.com/n3PsNQcS

Though, since it doesn't happen for every show, I don't see why it would be a problem with this setup.

I didn't post the whole log because that file is 10 megabytes right now. I could post it if you think it would be helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Shows" vs "TV Shows"1