• 2(current)
WIP Leanback
(2015-01-04, 14:35)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: I have a strong doubt about the round blue zoom effect... should be fun the first 5 minutes you use the skin but afterwards very boring and slowing down.
That's part of the "material design" strategy of Android Lollipop and is done exactly like that on Android TVs so BigNoid is simply making it the way it is on Android TVs.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Actually, as of now, it's very different from Android TV's implementation and doesn't follow the material design guidelines. The circle should expand from the center of the selected object, which is supposed to help you understand what caused the transition and where it's taking you. Material design puts a lot of emphasis on context.
Well BigNoid doesn't have a Android TV device so it's a bit hard to compare
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I do plan on making the circle contextual, but will be one of the last things to do as you need to know each position to originate the circle from. Better to do that when everything is coded and doesnt change anymore.
This looks great, nice work.
Yet another awesome skin that isn't available, with no ETA...
Quote:Yet another awesome skin that isn't available, with no ETA...

Yet another comment that demands much while offering nothing. You're a senior member on this forum. Show some respect.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2015-01-16, 15:09)thedeadman Wrote:
Quote:Yet another awesome skin that isn't available, with no ETA...

Yet another comment that demands much while offering nothing. You're a senior member on this forum. Show some respect.

That comment sounded snooty and I apologize. It's getting a little tiring cruising the forum to find nothing usable. I'm not demanding anything, though. But it wouldn't hurt to put an ETA on a lot of these projects.
Dont worry about it. I can sympathize with your concerns. A lot of skins are announced and dont get anywhere. As far as an ETA goes; it will be done when its ready and I dont have any clue when that is. I got a lot of stuff to work on and this is being done in my spare spare time sort of speak. So I apologize in advance if this is another dead end Smile
(2015-01-16, 19:34)BigNoid Wrote: Dont worry about it. I can sympathize with your concerns. A lot of skins are announced and dont get anywhere. As far as an ETA goes; it will be done when its ready and I dont have any clue when that is. I got a lot of stuff to work on and this is being done in my spare spare time sort of speak. So I apologize in advance if this is another dead end Smile

Really hope not, but the work is appreciated either way. But… well yea, I hope not lol
Those textures look familiar.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
What are you saying exactly?
I have used Piers' skin and can see the similarity but they are definitely different skins. The whole skin is based on emulating Android TV, anyways. And Kodi is still free software, so there is no need for a fistfight.
@BigNoid, is there any possibility of releasing either an alpha or a partly broken build of this in the near future? I'm prepping for Google Summer of Code, and I think it'd be funny to include a video of Kodi simply BEING Android TV.
I for one am really happy that you're the one that's working on this BigNoid.

Question, are you planning on emulating the Android TV entirely, or taking the base design?
The reason I ask, is despite their excellent work on the Material guidelines, the Android TV part is one of there least consistent, and least dedicated part of their overall design language. However, the consistency of the Lollipop design is very well suited to any device regardless of the size and aspect ratio; Which is what I feel is lacking in many skins in development. ie no real consideration of screen real estate at the expense of trying to either emulate another existing UI or going for the pure aesthetic appeal.

I'm not sure if you work/use any android devices, but I think the Music and (not so much) the Movies apps on Lollipop work far more in line with the current guideline. I work quite a bit on Android development in my profession, and if you haven't already, then you can run the Android TV emulator from the SDK as you would emulate any mobile device.

As with anything you work on, I look forward to this eagerly. Thanks man!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leanback13