• 3(current)
WIP Leanback
Piers, what textures exactly? Grey boxes?
(2015-02-11, 09:17)natethomas Wrote: @BigNoid, is there any possibility of releasing either an alpha or a partly broken build of this in the near future? I'm prepping for Google Summer of Code, and I think it'd be funny to include a video of Kodi simply BEING Android TV.

I havent had time to work on it for the last couple of weeks. Will see what I can do. Is there a specific date you have in mind?

(2015-02-12, 01:37)filthycatbox Wrote: I for one am really happy that you're the one that's working on this BigNoid.

Question, are you planning on emulating the Android TV entirely, or taking the base design?
The reason I ask, is despite their excellent work on the Material guidelines, the Android TV part is one of there least consistent, and least dedicated part of their overall design language. However, the consistency of the Lollipop design is very well suited to any device regardless of the size and aspect ratio; Which is what I feel is lacking in many skins in development. ie no real consideration of screen real estate at the expense of trying to either emulate another existing UI or going for the pure aesthetic appeal.

I'm not sure if you work/use any android devices, but I think the Music and (not so much) the Movies apps on Lollipop work far more in line with the current guideline. I work quite a bit on Android development in my profession, and if you haven't already, then you can run the Android TV emulator from the SDK as you would emulate any mobile device.

As with anything you work on, I look forward to this eagerly. Thanks man!

I intend to keep as closely to the AndroidTV design as possible, but as you say, they have lots of different layouts for the same things. I'm picking what I think looks best and have to adapt some things to be suitable for Kodi, like the settings, currently they cannot be done exactly as in ATV.

and thx Smile

(2015-02-12, 23:43)Elixxen Wrote: Piers, what textures exactly? Grey boxes?

exactly Big Grin
That look awesome. I really hope this will support plexbmc Smile
Impressive, keep at it please!
Hey BigNoid! Any updates on this skin's progress? Would love to see any mock-ups, videos.... Whatever, I'm too eager to get my hands on this one!
Thanks.
Looking forward to this as I am "lean"ing towards purchasing a Nexus Player
Any updates on this? This looks absolutely lovely, and would contribute greatly to the wife friendly factor, since the interface would remain somewhat consistent. Keep up the great work!
Any updates? This skin would really make Kodi feel right at home on my Nexus Player.
I LOVE THIS
I'm really looking forward to trying this out as well!
Man, I need this skin! Very impressive. Smile
With the recent updates to Android TV and new devices coming up this will work amazing, can't wait to try it!
Do you have any plans on releasing an alpha soon, or just releasing what you have now, I don't care how broken it is xD. It's a dream of mine to have kodi look like android tv, would love a response.
Thanks!
Thumbs Up 
Yeah same here, could you please just release what you already have? Im so psyched for this skin!
This looks like an amazing skin! I'm looking forward to it. Any updates on when it will be released? It looks quite functional already...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leanback13