Recorded TV folder not found - but works...
Hi,

I've recently upgraded to Helix via OpenElec, I am using ServerWMC to access my Windows 7 box with Media Centre.

When I start Kodi, it takes about a minute or so before the ServerWMC plugin starts up, (in Gotham it was immediate) - I'm not sure why this is, though its not overly a problem.

But when it does start a message states 'Recorded TV folder not found', but I can play recorded TV fine and also watch live TV. (I added the machines password to the folders tab)

I don't understand why i'm getting the message...

Anyone else experienced this?

This is the log:

http://pastebin.com/TjGvauU6

Looking at the log here are lots of
Does it only show this message once after the system first comes on, or does it come up repeatedly?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2015-01-02, 00:10)krustyreturns Wrote: Does it only show this message once after the system first comes on, or does it come up repeatedly?

It only comes up once at the beginning, I've not seen it after that...
OK, I think its fixed now. It was to do with the DNS settings, which I messed about with. I replaced them back with my routers IP which and its now back working.

Thanks.
I have this issue on every OE/XBMC system in my house. Even though I have the Recorded TV folder shared with Everyone, I still need to authenticate to it using a known account (the local account on the WMC box) by browsing to it via System --> File Manager --> Add Source --> Windows network (SMB) --> TVPVR (that is the name of my WMC VM). Once I provide the creds, tell it to "remember me" and click OK, all works fine. I actually don't even click on the next OK which adds the source...I just back out.

I have yet to figure out why I still need to do this. I have seen it on both WIN7 and WIN8.

John
Once I added the permissions to the folder tab of Server WMC the problem went away - also, be sure your using the latest version of ServerWMC.

You can check the name server is working fine (this was my issue) by SSHing into OpenElec and then typing NSLOOKUP TVPVR - that should return the boxes IP.

Once I had the permissions in the Folder tab and the name server working fine I had no issues.
Actually, something I never thought about...

What perms are you using in the Folder tab? Normally I would use xbmc/xbmc for my xbmc clients but I don't think OE has a local xbmc account, does it?
the user/pass provided are for a windows user on the server machine that has access to the share. The user/pass has no relevance at all to the client side, openelec/windows/rpi/whatever etc. The user/pass specified in ServerWMC are embedded in the SMB path to the file that we send to the clients when playing a livestream, recording, channelicons etc eg smb://user:pass@Server\Recorded TV\blah

Also to the person earlier who said they had shared with "Everyone" this doesnt mean "anyone". In windows terms "Everyone" means all known existing users to that windows machine so you still have to provide SOME credentials if you are coming from another machine, particularly if it's non windows
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2015-01-03, 22:23)johnodon Wrote: Actually, something I never thought about...

What perms are you using in the Folder tab? Normally I would use xbmc/xbmc for my xbmc clients but I don't think OE has a local xbmc account, does it?

I use the logon permissions for the machine which has ServerWMC running - this logon has admin rights.
(2015-01-03, 21:51)johnodon Wrote: I have this issue on every OE/XBMC system in my house. Even though I have the Recorded TV folder shared with Everyone, I still need to authenticate to it using a known account (the local account on the WMC box) by browsing to it via System --> File Manager --> Add Source --> Windows network (SMB) --> TVPVR (that is the name of my WMC VM). Once I provide the creds, tell it to "remember me" and click OK, all works fine. I actually don't even click on the next OK which adds the source...I just back out.

I have yet to figure out why I still need to do this. I have seen it on both WIN7 and WIN8.

John

Thank you very much!

I spent a couple of days trying to figure out why PVR WMC wasn't working on my Fire TV before I found your post.
Works great now. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recorded TV folder not found - but works...0