• 2(current)
WIP Blu-ray Disc Java menus support
Hello

I'm very interested in testing but i can't get it to work. I downloaded your installation file and installed as a second kodi setup. I unziped the libbluray and copied the content to the dvdplayer folder.
As i own iso only i mounted some isos as a virtual drive and tried to play the discs.

I assume i have to play the file 'index.bdmv' I get the menu 'Select playback item' If i click 'Show bluray menu' nothing happens. If i click 'Play main title' the movie starts.

I tested with 10 different movie isos. Everytime i click on show bluray menu nothing happens.

What 'm doing wrong?

edit
I restarted kodi again an if i play the index.bdmv and click show bluray menu the main movie starts but i never get a menu.
If i use an external player the menu is fine.
Please provide a debug log (wiki). Maybe it's a java problem.
Thanks. You are right. The java home environment variable was not working. A common issue.

3 Days to kill - All working
Captain America 2 - After selecting the language at startup nothing more happens. Can get back to Kodi with X
Das magische Haus - All working
Elysium - Starts to titlle picture but no menue,after hitting X kodi hangs
Bladerunner - All working
Kick Ass 2 - After selecting language the pre movie information starts but nothing more, Can get back to Kodi with X
Ralph reichts - After selecting the language at startup nothing more happens,after hitting X kodi hangs

Do you need more information?
(2015-01-09, 01:15)_Andy_ Wrote: Thanks. You are right. The java home environment variable was not working. A common issue.
What do you mean exactly?
To render the menu you need to have java installed.

At my PC JAVA was installed but not found by Kodi.

Sometimes something goes wrong with the JAVA installation and the environment variables are not set.
I added the variables manually and all is working now.
Hi,

Can you please explain how I can check if the java environment varibles are not set and if not how can I set them manually?

Thanks

Lou
EDIT 1: Rebuilt Kodi, this time using correct branch I believe (System Info showing 133ca72), still no joy though. Updated steps for those interested in helping or for the less linux savvy people out there (like myself) trying for themselves. BTW, if I'm not supposed to post this here, my apologies.

EDIT 2: Updated steps for git version of libbluray

Tried building libbluray and the bdj branch but not sure if I've done it correctly. Is there any way to check, i.e. by Kodi version number?

My System info lists: Git: date-ae419a7-dirty if that is any help. Edit 1: Lists correct version info now.

I downloaded libbluray 0.6.2 from the vlc site and built it succesfully I think, only the building of the bdj branch I'm not really sure of. Here are the steps I followed (roughly) so if I did something wrong, can someone correct me or point me in the right direction please?

As you may find I'm no linux expert ...

EDIT 3: updated full steps, based on current Kodibuntu

1) Get updated packages and dependencies

Add repo for newer version of libcec:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pulse-eight/libcec

Get updated package list and build dependencies:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep kodi

Install necessary packages:

a) If updated from xbmcbuntu 13.2:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libtool libxml2-dev libfreetype6-dev default-jdk ant git-core libcap-dev libcec

b) If fresh installed kodibuntu 14.0:

Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core ant default-jdk libcec

Quote:Source used: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Compile_XBMC_for_Linux

2) Set Java path

When not set, the following command returns an empty line:

Code:
echo $JAVA_HOME

If so:

Code:
sudo update-alternatives --config java

Note/copy the path "/usr/lib/jvm/path-to-your-java-install". Open the file /etc/environment:

Code:
sudo vi /etc/environment

Add the following at the bottom:

Code:
JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/path-to-your-java-install"
(down arrow to bottom, 'o' , type/copy in the line, 'esc', ':wq' and enter):

Update path info:

Code:
source /etc/environment

check if updated:

Code:
echo $JAVA_HOME

3) Removing, building and re-installing libbluray

Code:
sudo apt-get remove libbluray1

cd /usr/local/src
sudo git clone git://git.videolan.org/libbluray.git
cd libbluray

sudo ./bootstrap
sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-bdjava

Check if all went well:

Code:
Output:
Summary:
  --------
  BD-J support:                  yes
  BD-J type:                     j2se
  Font support (freetype2):      yes
  Metadata support (libxml2):    yes
  Build examples:                yes

Finally make and install:

Code:
# Adjust -j2 accordingly or leave out, had some warnings

sudo make -j2
sudo make install

Quote:Source used: http://cocoaintheshell.com/2013/05/libbl...-mac-os-x/

4) Build kodi branch with libbluray enabled

Code:
sudo git clone -b bdj https://github.com/ace20022/xbmc.git
cd xbmc

if doing a build when source code has changed:

git clean -xfd
sudo git reset --hard
sudo git pull --rebase

Quote:Source used: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Compile_XBMC_for_Linux

Code:
sudo ./bootstrap

# Adjust following options if necessary, i.e. vdpau disabled and vaapi enabled

sudo ./configure --disable-pulse --enable-libbluray --enable-vdpau  --disable-vaapi (--disable-crystalhd --enable-libmp3lame) <---- last two options unrecognized

# Adjust -j2 accordingly or leave out, had some warnings

sudo make –j2
sudo make install

5) Reboot

Code:
shutdown -r now
You should use the libbluray git version as linked in the first post. If that does not help, provide a debug log (wiki).
Ok, thought as much already. Recompiled it yesterday but after Kodi. Does it matter? Also can I compile on another machine and then copy over the files to install?

I haven't had the chance to do much testing. Only tried a Band of Brothers BDMV folder, which showed 2 seconds of the WB intro.

Can you specify which logs might be helpful if u need any?
(2015-01-12, 11:24)maspiter Wrote: Ok, thought as much already. Recompiled it yesterday but after Kodi. Does it matter? Also can I compile on another machine and then copy over the files to install?

If kodi was compiled with bdj support and libbluray 0.6.2 was installed, then you can compile new versions of libbluray separately.

(2015-01-12, 11:24)maspiter Wrote: Can you specify which logs might be helpful if u need any?

Simply a debug log.
@cuccil

open a command shell in windows (search for 'cmd') a black window opens and simple enter java and hit enter.
You should see something like this:

Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
(to execute a class)
or java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
(to execute a jar file)

If you can see the environment variables are ok. If not try to add manually
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml
EDIT: Seems to "work" with at least one disc.

Ok, small update:

Turned on debug logging, checking it showed that my Java path wasn't set.

Fixed that. Next up:

Code:
LIBBLURAY_CP not set, searching for libbluray-j2se-0.6.2.jar ...
19:17:52 T:140416842200832   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bdj.c:249: Checking /usr/share/java/libbluray-j2se-0.6.2.jar ...
19:17:52 T:140416842200832   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bdj.c:260: libbluray-j2se-0.6.2.jar not found.
19:17:52 T:140416842200832   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bdj.c:387: BD-J check: Failed to load libbluray.jar

libbluray-j2se-0.6.2.jar was located at /usr/local/share/java/libbluray-j2se-0.6.2.jar on my system. Removed everything, rebuilt this time with --prefix=/usr

Code:
sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-bdjava

My log now states, more log in the link at the bottom:

Code:
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - libbdplus.c:85: BDSVM/00000.svm not found.
No BD+ protection.
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bdj.c:136: Opening /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-ope
njdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/server/libjvm ...
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bdj.c:392: BD-J check: OK
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray - Opening dir /media/.../extHD/Batman Begins/BDM
V/META/DL
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /media/.../extHD/Batman Begins/BDMV/META/
DL
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray - Error opening dir! (/media/.../extHD/Batman Be
gins/BDMV/META/DL)
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bluray.c:1376: BLURAY initialized!
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - First Play supported: 1
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - Top menu supported  : 1
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - HDMV titles         : 2
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - BD-J titles         : 11
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - UNSUPPORTED titles  : 0
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - AACS detected       : 0
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - libaacs detected    : 0
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - AACS handled        : 0
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - BD+ detected        : 0
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - libbdplus detected  : 0
21:42:48 T:140315637753600   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - BD+ handled         : 0

I'm testing with a BDMV folder of Batman Begins which has been confirmed to work. (Does it matter who the publisher was actually, or do the same titles usually work?)

More what I believe to be relevant parts of the log.
The interesting lines are 1012ff. But don't know why the classes can't be loaded at the moment. Are you sure that the jar compiled fine?
Ok, my apologies, that log might be from before I rebooted. I tried to play the same disk and don't see any "failed to locate class" lines anymore.

I just tried 3 disks and got rather varying degrees of succes.

Some quick observations, note that I'm running this on a single core atom/ion from a USB attached disk.

Band of Brothers, working with menus. Background video in menu is a little choppy in the beginning. No OSD, nor skipping, FF, RW, ... Up button brings up menu while movie plays.

Batman Begins, starts playing without showing the menu. Can bring up menu while playing with up button. Selected special feature, can't bring up menu while playing special feature. No OSD, FF, RW, ...

Dances with Wolves, no menu, no sound (noise). Pressing "OK" brings up OSD. FF, RW all working (not smooth but that'll be my hardware).
I did a fresh install of Kodibuntu on some extra HD space and went through the process again. When building libbluray I get the following warning:

Code:
[javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.4

Which seems to indicate I'm building for 1.4 with a 1.7 jdk (my current jdk). I tried installing the 1.4 jdk but registration is needed apparently. Can this be solved otherwise and why is it building for such an old java version?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-ray Disc Java menus support3