• 8(current)
WIP Blu-ray Disc Java menus support
I FINALLY managed to test all the not working and partially working disks from here
There is some improvement:

Working:
Blade runner:Works (now it loads the dd track first so it doesn't have troubles like the green mile) - Log
Shindler's list - Log

Partially working:
the dark knight extras (BD-J) - kodi hangs and stops responding if i try to select the subtitle from menu and play any video extra. If i don't it plays fine. Works perfectly in dslibbluray - Log
Man in black (BD-J) - playback still not works. With the old version i had click and crackle with the default truehd track. Now i got silence and slow framebyframe playback. In the gui the audio logo keeps switching between dd and truehd. (works in dslibbluray) - Log
The Green Mile (HDMV) - The video plays fine but no audio (truehd track). If i change to dd track it plays fine. If i switch back again to truehd track it plays fine truehd so the problem is only when loaded by default (works in dslibbluray) - Log
the dark knight rises extra (HDMV) - no audio, subtitle selection doesn't work. Works perfectly in dslibbluray - Log
the prestige (HDMV) - extras play all works, play single track doesn't load video and audio, only subs (audio 0.0, video hangs at 0:00.00 of 2 h 18 that is the length of the movie) - Log
star trek (BD-J) - same as before. When the language list loads i can't see the options. I only have a white rectangular on a black screen. I can't move the rectangular. If i press enter the menu loads regularly (but i don't know what language i selected) - Log
star trek extras (BD-J) - same as star trek - Log

Not working:
Spider-man 2 (BD-J) - keeps spinning and doesn't load (same as before) -
Spider-man 3 (BD-J) - keeps spinning and doesn't load (same as before) - [url=http://xbmclogs.com/pqztdm58e]Log

Man in black 3 (BD-J) - black screen and hangs on menu load (after sony video logo) (same as before) - Log
Avatar ext coll edition extra 2 (BD-J) - it plays the first screen with bluray warning and then exits back to kodi - Log
[/quote]

It seems to me there is at least one kodi-related problem when the bluray has a truehd track as default.
Btw thanks for all your work on this Wink
(2015-02-24, 19:39)ray1112 Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 13:50)tudstudent Wrote: Wanted to update my libbluray with latest changes, so I did a "make distclean", and what happend... I got an error ... YaY:
Code:
Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
  We cannot execute /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java/bin/java
This is something I can work with, it seemed the JAVA_HOME was too long, so I removed the bin/java and updated source. Now building again (make distclean was working after that change)
In my Ubuntu 12.04 (i386):
JAVA_HOME = /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386 (defined in /etc/environment)
libbluray is compiled from git in /usr/local (by default), I only create link:
/usr/share/java/libbluray-j2se-0.7.0.jar -> /usr/local/share/java/libbluray-j2se-0.7.0.jar
Kodi is compiled from BDJ branch
70% of BD-J are working

Directly after having it working it stopped :|:|:|. Had no idea why but now I know it was working. Right.
So started checking. Strange thing was that kodi reported 0.6.2 in their log. wtf...
So on you suggestion to make a symlink I checked the folder:
/usr/local/share/java/

Seemed there where a lot of Bluray jar files in there except 0.7.0. Deleted all old crap by doing a locate libbluray-
Recompiled the libbluray again and installed (used the prefix of /usr)
No jar in the correct Kodi folder:
/usr/local/share/java/

So recompiled without the prefix and what happened:
/usr/local/share/java/libbluray-j2se-0.7.0.jar
(appeared)

Since kodi had been compiled with 0.6.2 (have no idea why), I am now recompiling Kodi with this new 0.7.0 version.
Fingers crossed.

Update:
My bad, I interpreted the symlink wrong. Underneath the correct one:
Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/local/share/java/libbluray-j2se-0.7.0.jar /usr/share/java/libbluray-j2se-0.7.0.jar

Now it is working.

Furthermore I have compiled Libbluray with UDF support. Though it is not working. SO iso's need to be mounted on the host.
@Ace, when are you planning on pushing your changes to master?
Have seen you made quite a couple of changes...
Hi!
is there a way to install this in openelec and if yes how?
any help very appreciated.
Thanks!
I have compiled the latest in this branch on Fedora 21. Is working really well

I seem to get best results from Blurays published by the following studios - Paramount, Disney, Universal and Warner Bros. I can't get any menus on anything published by 20th Century Fox (tried X-Men: First Class, Alien and Aliens). Sony / Columbia seems to be spotty - Amazing Spiderman plays the previews but flips out to a black screen before getting to the actual menus.

I still have my bash history from the machine I compiled it on, would anyone be interested in a step by step How to for Fedora 21?
(2015-03-09, 07:05)grim85 Wrote: I still have my bash history from the machine I compiled it on, would anyone be interested in a step by step How to for Fedora 21?

Yes. please share Smile

peram
This is the quick steps to compile on Fedora 21 64bit from Ace's BDJ branch

I take NO RESPONSIBILITY if you screw up your system, or cause thermonuclear war attempting my steps

I recommend you uninstall the repo provided version of kodi, it causes weird shit to happen if you successfully follow my steps

I am assuming you've already got the 3rd party RPMFusion Repos installed, because I dont know how you're enjoying your Fedora experience if you haven't

Make sure you have the following installed

Code:
sudo yum -y install  afpfs-ng-devel alsa-lib-devel autoconf autogen-libopts  automake avahi-devel bluez-libs-devel boost-atomic boost-chrono  boost-context boost-devel boost-filesystem boost-graph boost-iostreams  boost-locale boost-math boost-program-options boost-python boost-random  boost-regex boost-serialization boost-signals boost-test boost-timer  boost-wave bzip2-devel cairo-devel cmake cpp dbus-devel enca-devel  expat-devel faac-devel faad2-devel faad2-libs flac-devel  fontconfig-devel freetype-devel fribidi-devel gcc gcc-c++  gettext-common-devel gettext-devel git glew-devel glib2-devel  glibc-devel glibc-headers gl-manpages gnutls-c++ gnutls-devel gperf  harfbuzz-devel jasper-devel java kernel-headers keyutils-libs-devel  krb5-devel lame-devel lame-libs libass-devel libbluray-devel  libcap-devel libcdio-devel libcom_err-devel libcrystalhd-devel libcurl-devel  libdca-devel libdrm-devel libgcrypt-devel libGLEW libGLEWmx  libgpg-error-devel libICE-devel libicu-devel libjpeg-turbo-devel  libmad-devel libmicrohttpd-devel libmikmod libmms-devel  libmodplug-devel libmp4v2 libmpc libmpeg2-devel libogg-devel  libplist-devel libpng-devel librtmp-devel  libsamplerate-devel libselinux-devel libsepol-devel libsmbclient-devel  libSM-devel libssh-devel libstdc++-devel libtasn1-devel  libtiff-devel libtool libusb-devel libusbx-devel libva-devel  libvdpau-devel libverto-devel libvorbis-devel libX11-devel libXau-devel  libxcb-devel libXdamage-devel libXext-devel libXfixes-devel libXft-devel  libXi-devel libXinerama-devel libxml2-devel libXmu-devel libXrandr-devel  libXrender-devel libXScrnSaver-devel libXt-devel libXtst-devel  libXxf86vm-devel lzma-sdk457 lzo-devel lzo-minilzo m4 mariadb  mariadb-devel mariadb-libs mesa-libEGL-devel mesa-libGL-devel  mesa-libGLES-devel mesa-libGLU-devel openssl-devel  p11-kit-devel pango-devel patch pcre-devel perl-autodie perl-B-Lint  perl-Business-ISBN perl-Business-ISBN-Data perl-CGI perl-Class-ISA  perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2 perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib perl-CPAN perl-Data-Dumper  perl-devel perl-Digest perl-Digest-MD5 perl-Digest-SHA perl-Encode-Locale  perl-Error perl-ExtUtils-Install perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker  perl-ExtUtils-Manifest perl-ExtUtils-ParseXS perl-FCGI perl-File-CheckTree  perl-File-Listing perl-Git perl-HTML-Parser perl-HTML-Tagset  perl-HTTP-Cookies perl-HTTP-Daemon perl-HTTP-Date perl-HTTP-Message  perl-HTTP-Negotiate perl-HTTP-Tiny perl-IO-Compress perl-IO-HTML  perl-IO-Socket-IP perl-IO-Socket-SSL perl-libwww-perl perl-Locale-Codes  perl-LWP-MediaTypes perl-Module-Pluggable perl-Net-HTTP perl-Net-LibIDN  perl-Net-SSLeay perl-parent perl-Pod-Checker perl-Pod-LaTeX perl-podlators  perl-Pod-Parser perl-Pod-Perldoc perl-Pod-Plainer perl-Pod-Usage  perl-Sys-Syslog perl-TermReadKey perl-Test-Harness perl-Test-Simple  perl-Text-ParseWords perl-Text-Soundex perl-Text-Unidecode perl-Thread-Queue  perl-TimeDate perl-URI perl-WWW-RobotRules perl-XML-LibXML  perl-XML-NamespaceSupport perl-XML-SAX perl-XML-SAX-Base physfs pixman-devel  python-devel redhat-lsb redhat-lsb-core redhat-lsb-cxx redhat-lsb-desktop  redhat-lsb-languages redhat-lsb-printing redhat-lsb-submod-multimedia  redhat-lsb-submod-security SDL2-devel SDL2_image-devel  SDL-devel SDL_gfx-devel SDL_image-devel SDL_mixer-devel SDL_net-devel  SDL_Pango-devel SDL_sound-devel SDL-static SDL_ttf-devel  spax sqlite-devel swig systemtap-sdt-devel taglib-devel  tinyxml-devel tre-devel vala wavpack-devel xorg-x11-proto-devel  xz-devel yajl-devel zlib-devel  libxslt libxslt-devel yasm yasm-devel trousers trousers-devel doxygen

Make sure you have the bdj libraries installed
Code:
sudo yum install libbluray libbluray-bdj libbluray-devel

This will fix afpfs-ng on fedora
Code:
sudo sed --in-place=BAK 's#<\(afp_protocol\|libafpclient\).h>#<afpfs-ng/\1.h>#' /usr/include/afpfs-ng/afp.h

The kodi wiki talks about JSON SCHEMAS and the like, I didnt need to worry about any of that it seems

Now to get the code to build, first make a directory for it

Code:
mkdir kodi
cd kodi

git clone https://github.com/ace20022/xbmc.git -b bdj

This will dump the code into a folder called xbmc, so now execute the following (if you have a multicore processor you can speed up make with -j X, X being the number of threads you want to run, so a 4 core hyper thread could run -j 8, your user experience will probably suffer while it is compiling)

Code:
cd xbmc

./bootstrap

./configure

make

once completed successfully, install it with

Code:
sudo make install

We now need to set your $JAVA_HOME so that kodi can work it's java fuelled magic

We need to add the following to the bottom of your bash_profile which is found at
Code:
~/.bash_profile

Code:
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm

You will need to logoff or reboot for this to take effect

Now you have to worry about decrypting blurarys

I use makemkv's libmmbd library that comes with makemkv, to use this long term you must purchase a copy of makemkv, I believe a 30 day trial is available

add this repo and install makemkv
Code:
sudo yum-config-manager --add-repo=http://negativo17.org/repos/fedora-handbrake.repo
sudo yum install makemkv

Now make sure you dont have libaacs installed
Code:
sudo yum remove libaacs

Now we create a set of symlinks to put libmmbd in place of aacs and bdplus

Code:
cd /usr/lib64
sudo ln -s libmmbd.so.0 libaacs.so.0
sudo ln -s libmmbd.so.0 libbdplus.so.0

You should now have a fully functioning Blurary Kodi build installed on your Fedora system
(2015-03-07, 19:43)tudstudent Wrote: @Ace, when are you planning on pushing your changes to master?
Interesting question. Actually this will be the only motivation that can push me to upgrade from Xbmc to the new ugly name format! Wink
(2015-03-12, 10:22)Lamerjack Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 19:43)tudstudent Wrote: @Ace, when are you planning on pushing your changes to master?
Interesting question. Actually this will be the only motivation that can push me to upgrade from Xbmc to the new ugly name format! Wink

So you don't update to helix because it changed the name? Rolleyes Good for you Confused
@phate89 there isn't yet a feautre in Kodi that interest me.... and i found that the name is very ugly so i didn't updated! Wink Wink

I want to update to the build of 2 march. (i was still using the version of jan 2015)
and i noticed that there is no the file attach with libbluray. (just curiosity i have the file)
(2015-03-12, 14:40)Lamerjack Wrote: @phate89 there isn't yet a feautre in Kodi that interest me.... and i found that the name is very ugly so i didn't updated! Wink Wink

I want to update to the build of 2 march. (i was still using the version of jan 2015)
and i noticed that there is no the file attach with libbluray. (just curiosity i have the file)

It's still more stable, optimized, with less bugs, better decoding, faster scanning even if you don't care of new features..
Chicago (2002) is working.
Ubuntu 22.04, Linux desktop 5.15.0-57-generic #63-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 24 13:43:17 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Kodi (20.1 (20.1.0) Git:20230312-289ec664e3). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
Sony Android TV, Kodi 20.1
Hi, since I got any answer here my question again:
is there a way to install this in openelec and if yes how?
any help very appreciated.
Thanks!
As I understand it openelec doesnt have a package manager, if you can get out to a terminal, perhaps you could compile it yourself

Another option might be to compile it and install on another linux box and then copy the install folders over top of the ones on your openelec system - but I imagine that may completely break your system, or in the very least make it behave in very unpredictable ways
you will have to compile it on your own or hope that somebody is doing it for you
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-ray Disc Java menus support3