Nervous breakdown imminent. Please help
So hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.
I am by all accounts relatively noobish so, please dumb it down a little for me if you can.
Believe me when I say I have searched the topics here and although both my problems are listed seperately, there are no posts for if you have a combo of the two.

So, the first issue I have is I cannot update anything at all, as I am getting the error:

E: Type 'libsubstrate.0.dylib' is not known on line 1 in source list etc/apt/sources.list.d/saurik.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.

Now I know that this was resolved here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194288

But the second issue I have is that I cannot SSH into my ATV2 to fix it.
I thought I was being an idiot, perhaps getting the IP address wrong or something, but it's not that, it's something else.

I get the error message (in WINSCP, although I have tried in Cyberduck too):

Network Error: Connection to 172.20.10.3 timed out:

The server rejected SFTP connection, but it listens for FTP connections.
Did you want to use FTP protocol instead of SFTP? Prefer using encryption[/color]

So I have tried tethering both my laptop and my ATV2 to my iphones network in case it was an issue with the router, I have also tried adding a static IP address to the ATV2, but maybe I did not configure the DNS or the subnet mask properly when doing so, I don't know. I am not even sure what they are if I am honest.

I have tried now googling furiously for SSH fixes or alternatives to using SSH (are there any?)
I even installed the Nito installer and tried to re-install Nito TV using that, but woefully when I select it in the installer (I have an ATV2 and an ATV 3 in the apt) I get this:

Selected device "Apple TV (2)" isn't jailbroken, please jailbreak it first

Now I am pretty damned sure it IS jailbroken since I have XBMC and Nito TV on the device.. but this is just getting out of hand, I am going around and around in circles and as the title denotes, nervous breakdown imminent.

So please, somebody, anybody, help me.

Hadouken Hobbit.
Sounds like there is no ssh server running on your atv2. This should never happen at all! But this is the reason why nito doesn't detect a jailbroken atv2. If you are 10000% sure with the ip of that box (and didn't mix it up with the atv3 for example) then you need to rejailbreak your device with seas0npass.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ah hell, the thing is I got the ATV 2 off eBay and it came with fusion and untethered, having not jailbroken an ATV before will this mean I have to pay for anything?
Hey Memphiz, I did as you said, bit of a ballache, but it has fixed everything.
Thank you so much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nervous breakdown imminent. Please help0