Android Kodi on Fire TV overwrites thumbs -> 0 kb
Hi,

I have multiple KODI-clients like a Windows-PC, a HP Chromebox with Openelec and two Amazon Fire TVs. The thumbs are stored on a SMB-Share on my NAS (Windows 8.1).

I changed the storage a few days ago. On the clients I deleted the textures database.

With my Windows-PC and the Chromebox all is going well and the thumbs are displaying correctly.

On the Fire TV no thumbs are displayed. I'm getting this warnings in the log:

Code:
15:21:03 T:1706503072 WARNING: SMBFile::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://og-nas/xbmc/thumbs/1/1b1483a0.jpg
15:21:03 T:1706503072 WARNING: SMBFile::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://og-nas/xbmc/thumbs/b/b0bb8fd5.jpg
15:21:03 T:1695290472 WARNING: SMBFile::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://og-nas/xbmc/thumbs/8/8d1dc695.png
15:21:03 T:1574084120 WARNING: SMBFile::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://og-nas/xbmc/thumbs/9/9c2485fd.jpg

Whole log

The files are overwritten and have afterwards a size of 0 kb.

Anyone knows a solution?
I'm not sure. I would try maybe using the IP address of the SMB server instead of the netbios name. I don't know if that would have an impact here, but I do know that sometimes Kodi has trouble with netbios names for SMB servers. If more than one Kodi box is using the same thumbnails then I would give them each a different thumbnail folder, as they aren't really meant to "share" the thumbs, and weird things can happen when this is attempted.
I tried changing to IP adresses before. But the result was the same.

If I delete the thumb-folder on my NAS temporary and start KODI on the Fire TV it creates a new thumb-folder with 0 kb-files within.

It seems this is a KODI-Android-bug?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Fire TV overwrites thumbs -> 0 kb0