Linux Channel Icons on Mythbuntu backend not showing on Kodi frontend
I am not a computer wiz but have been using Mythbuntu 14.04 backend with Kodi Helix frontend for a couple of months. I was able to get some of the Mythbuntu backend Icons to populate on the Kodi frontends but usually ended up creating an Icon folder on each of the frontends and then manually linking to the .png images using Kodi. The way I was able to get the backend image icons to populate was by following a tutorial. I honestly forgot how I succeeded in doing that. Since then I hosed my backend with a MySQL issue I wasn't able to fix without a complete re-install. I have now lost all of my icons. I used Mythbuntu to download some of the icons on the backend but they don't show up on the frontends. I noticed that the Icons in Mythbuntu are .jpeg and that .png icons won't show on the backend. On the Kodi frontend .jpeg icons don't show while .png will. Before I load and link a bunch of .png icons on the backend I wanted to know if that is why they don't show on the frontend
Mythbuntu 14.04 Channel icons show up fine on backend channel editor.
Kodi frontend debug log: http://pastebin.com/rZauCEjB
I had the same problem and it drove me CRAZY! Here is the solution assuming you are running Kodi under Linux (directories may be different under Windows).

Use Filezilla to SFTP into backend directory:

/home/[userid]/.mythtv/channels

Where [userid] is the user that set up the backend.

Upload all the icons (should be 132x99) to the above directory. Easiest way to find icons of these size is to use Google image search and using “search tools” set size to “Exactly” 132 by 99. Select the icon with right mouse click, then “save image as” and type an appropriate name. These images will be all png type. Save it to a local directory, then upload to the above directory.

Using MythTV backend setup, create a new Storagegroup called ChannelIcons and enter the above path with the icons.

Use Channel editor in MythTV backend setup to change each channel icon to the icon you saved. Don’t include path. Just use the file name.

Logoff and shut down the MythTV computer (cold boot).

Use Filezilla to SFTP into your XBMCbuntu frontend computer running cmyth. Change to the directory:
/home/[userid]/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/cache/channels
Where [user name] is the user that set up xbmcbuntu.

DELETE all the channel icon files in the cache/channels directory.

Power off the XBMCbuntu computer and then turn it on (cold boot).

All your icons will appear in EPG and channel pages.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel Icons on Mythbuntu backend not showing on Kodi frontend0