Bug Random fanart as background should skip missing fanart
I noticed with a fresh install of Kodi + Aeon Nox that my home screen had a lot of black backgrounds for the movies and music sections. I have chosen random fanart as backgrounds, and the cause for the black screens was that most fanarts were not loaded by default on this fresh install. After meticulously going through movie view and wait for each fanart to load, the problem went away. But in the Music section, most of the artists in my library do not have fanart associated with them.

It seems like the "random" selector is a bit too aggressive. Would it be possible to have it select fanart that exist in the local cache rather than relying on what's in the database ?
I'm getting this too. All of my vids have fanart, but most don't show when the MOVIE or TV SHOW icon is hovered over. No clue. I've done a lot to clear this issue. You can use a static picture, but it'll never change. I don't know how to fix it.

It may be centered around the widget settings.
So... for the movies, you clicked on each movie to let the fanart load? There's no faster way?
Copying the thumbnails folder from a working client would work then too, no?
All of my movies have thumbnails in their own folders. Mine used to show fine under random.movie background for my main screen, but now they mostly just show black. If I go over the widget for the movies, the background is fine (even for the one that is showing black). I go back to the MOVIES icon, and black.
You can try using texture cache maintenance utility to pre cache your artwork. Not sure if it would resolve your issue, but worth a shot.
No I mean the database thumbnails folder, also, try a making a small playlist and add the random backgrounds from there, work your way out
It probably will. I've asked several times how to use it, but I can't seem to get a clear answer. I downloaded it to my PC, but I use OpenElec. No clue where to go from there or if it can precache everything in one shot or I need to do each individually. No clue.

--

I could just use my own set of fanart from a specific folder. That works fine, but not from the actual fanart the system already uses. Worked fine at one point.
The texturecache.py utility does a few thing depending on the commands you use:
It removes art in your database that aren't associated with an item in your lbrary it can also sync your thumbnails folder with the cache so there aren't any mismatches. It is very useful and I recommend running it anytime you have fanart or database issues. As to how to install and run it on openelec, unfortunately I have no answer but maybe if you asked in the texturecache thread someone could help with that.

Good Luck and I hope you solve your issues.
If I leave the screen and come back, it works fine. Once I refresh, not fine again. Something is buggy...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random fanart as background should skip missing fanart0