Win switch times channels livetv
Hi there, i use server wmc with kodi 14. Is it normal that i have channel switch times round 6-7 sec with live tv? In wmc these are quicker but in kodi it is slow. I use 2 floppy dtv with dvblink in windows mediacenter and that why i had server wmc as plugin for live tv in kodi. I want to switch complete to kodi as mediacenter because wmc is not developed anymore but these switchtimes are to slow.
Did you start using Kodi with Helix or were the switching times already the same with Gotham?
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Hi, no i just started to implant livetv with Helix before i only use xbmc/kodi for streaming and my movies.
Ok, then it's not necessarily something Kodi-specific but the way the addon handles the stream - a few years back I experienced the same with MediaPortal until margro found a way to significantly improve the switching times for his addon - don't know though whether this has been adapted to all the other addons in the meantime...

Right now switching takes around 2s with MePo and up to ~6s using IPTVsimple utilizing local DVB-C-streams.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Channel changing speed varies by tuner and system, but a 6-7 sec changing time is not out of bounds. We cannot change as fast as wmc, simply because we need to do more processing than wmc does in order to start the live stream (because kodi cannot play a wtv file that is being actively written to like wmc can).

You don't say what your tuners are, but if they are dlna capable (like the hdhr prime), you can do live-tv with dlna and get much faster switching times (comparable or even faster than wmc).
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
My tuners are floppydtv from digital eveywhere, and i use dvblink software, i dont know if they are dlna capable , they are old dvb - c tuners

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
switch times channels livetv0