Request for Hint of Correct Implementation of DialogChannelScan
Dear community,

I am currently working on a PVR client, which directly streams DVB/S2 from a sattelite receiver on a Debian machine. I am using XBMC 13.2 as it is shipped with Debian Jessie. The code of the VNSI client has prooven to be extremely helpful for my work, because it is neatly written and implements most of the functionality which can be provided by a PVR client.

Although I have quickly made some progress in watching, pausing and resuming a live stream, I got stuck now in the beginnings of the channel management. I am facing the following problems:

1) Channel Scan
I have set the bSupportsChannelScan to true enabling the menu item "System -> Settings -> Live TV -> General -> Search for Channels". However, if I click it, XBMC hangs. I have implemented the PVR_ERROR DialogChannelScan(void) function with a stub, which should log a short message and then return with a PVR_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED error code. However, the log message is never being spit out.

2) DeleteChannel / RenameChannel / MoveChannel / DialogChannelSettings / DialogAddChannel
I expected the functions listed above to be invoked when working on the channel list by clicking "System -> Settings -> Live TV -> General -> Channel manager" and then clicking on the buttons "Edit channel" / "Delete channel" / "New channel". Instead, a message box is displayed titled "Information" and stating "Not supported by the backend.". Here again, I have implemented a stub, which should log a message and then return a PVR_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED code. However, as with Cahnnel Scan, the message does not appear in the log, therefore I have to assume, that the function is not called.

Which part am I missing? Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Florian.
Take a look at the VNSI add-on which implements this part https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-ad...r.vnsi/src
xhaggi,

Thank you for your instant reply. I have browsed the code of the VSNI plugin before starting this thread. However, it does not seem to work this way. After digging into the details a bit, I conclude, that is is a bug in XBMC 13.2. I have implemented a menu hook on the PVR settings, which does nothing but

return DialogChannelScan()

And here we go: I can start my channel scan by clicking my newly created menu hook. However, XBMC keeps hanging after invoking the channel scan via "System -> Settings -> Live TV -> General -> Search for Channels"

Once I get Helix running on my system, I will try to reproduce this behaviour. If it will also hang, I will write a bug report including a short plugin to reproduce this behaviour.

All the best,

Florian.
thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request for Hint of Correct Implementation of DialogChannelScan0