Bug Live TV stream and recording stuttering/crashing
Hello,

I have Mediaportal running on my HP Microliant Server using WHS2011. Playback is done through both a Linux HTPC and Windows 7 Laptop.

I can start Live TV in Kodi fine and the majority of the time it will run normally, but about 25% of the time during the playback the sound and video will become glitchy and then after a little bit of this the feed will cut out and I will be back to the channel select/epg screen without an error message.

I thought at first this may be a buffering issue but then I noticed that sometimes my recordings (stored on the server side) were being cut short. I checked this and the same thing is happening to these as well.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? I thought it may be a problem with a dodgy hdd but I have since changed the hdd being used and the issue is still occuring.

If there are any log files I can get to help then just let me know, I only currently know how to get the kodi.log file up. I appreciate that this may not be a KODI problem but thought this may be the place to start!

Thanks
Anyone that can help with this, really getting on my nerves now?

Doesn't seem to be much support on the Mediaportal forum for the TV server?
Hi jockefc23,

Have you tried it using MediaPortal as the front end on one of your Windows clients? If not I would suggest that you try that first. If the problem persists you'll be able to post full logs for the MediaPortal guys to look at (there is still active support). If the problem goes away then it's likely a Kodi issue.

BR

Wo0zy
Yes, first try the preview option in the TVServer itself. When it is also glitchy there, check the signal quality. I've the same problem from time to time with my cheap USB DVB-T receiver. 9 out of 10 times it is the signal quality.
The other common cause it the usage of a Wifi connection between the TVServer PC and the Kodi frontend PC (if both are running on a different PC).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV stream and recording stuttering/crashing0