Platform - What's Next?
Guys,

Any change of giving Plex a try? XMBC and MB plugin work great. But Plex is on more platforms. A whole lot more.
Nice one breezytm. There is a guy working on a plex plugin and we are doing our best to support him on the swmc side of it. Hopefully he'll get it to a releasable state, but its still on the early side.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I looked everywhere for that guy to check his progress but nothing came up :/

Does he have a blog? anything?
I don't know where he is active, we just communicate through email. I will ask him and get back to you.
Great. Thanks
Hi Breezy. I just posted the channel in its Alpha stage on the Plex channel development forums. Pretty decent progress has been made thanks to krusty's help and the awesome application that ServerWMC is. Only limiting factor is the Plex Channel API. It makes some tasks more difficult than they should be.

The post on the Plex site is here : wmc2plex LiveTV with ServerWMC

Keep in mind it is still in its infancy and only works with a DLNA capable TV tuner like the HDHomeRun Prime.
Oh Yeah. I am bout to give this bad boy a try. I think you are about to be the most popular guy in the plex forum Smile
So many people have been waiting for this. And I happen to have the HDHomeRun Prime. That was going to be my next question to Krusty actually. Due to the fact that my plex runs on my nas box, without the DLNA capability, playback would of suffered tremendously.
Hey salphonso, i just posted a reply on the plex forums. If you can get live tv working you will be a hero to many.
It does not need the Plex DLNA to be enabled. It needs DLNA to be enable on the ServerWMC side. I actually need to edit the setup instruction a little because there is a spot in the ServerWMC settings that needs to be changed as there is no "Plex" profile in Server WMC yet. Krusty can elaborate more on when that is coming. I don't want to leak any invalid info on what he has planned.

What happens right now is ServerWMC gets flagged to use DLNA like you do if you want it to use DLNA in Kodi. What that does is feeds the Plex Channel the URL stream for it to get a direct feed from the HDHomeRun Prime or other DLNA Tuner.

So, on the ServerWMC interface on the debug tab you click edit settings at the bottom left. This opens the config.xml. Look for this line:

<UseDLNAChannels_Kodi>false</UseDLNAChannels_Kodi>

and change it to:

<UseDLNAChannels_Kodi>true</UseDLNAChannels_Kodi>

R.og, I will check the post there shortly.
Thanks for posting here salphonso. Putting on my moderator cap though, these discussion should really take place on the plex forum and keep this forum to kodi. I will try to answer the plex stuff there.

But this of general interest: we are working to bring up a wcf server in swmc that will enable it to use urls to support plex streams so that dlna is not required - and make sharing folders no longer needed for kodi.
Yeah you are totally right Krusty. We did move to the Plex forum. I didn't want to sound rude and ungrateful that's why i didn't say 'Salphonso, we out." Smile
I don't know if kodi forum allows this but if it does you can close this thread so no one else comments on it. They have the info they need to head to the other side and ask question if they need to.

BTW

"But this of general interest: we are working to bring up a wcf server in swmc that will enable it to use urls to support plex streams so that dlna is not required - and make sharing folders no longer needed for kodi."

Tha'ts dope stuff. I was wondering how recordings was going to be leverage in that new plugin. I figured it was going to be similar issues as mb3
good idea, done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Platform - What's Next?0