Win Kodi on Windows Server 2012 R2
So I decided to install Kodi on my server running Server 2012 R2 Essentials.
The install works great, no need to change any of the default settings.

Problem is that randomly I get choppy playback. Like skip frames (some time quite bad) and likewise with the sound. CPU and HDD nowhere near high usage when this hapends.
On my old rig running Server 2008 R2 and XBMC I had a regtweak that enabled better playback on a server, but that tweak got lost along with the old serever. Never thought of backing that info up.
And now of course I cant find it again.
Is there any one out there that knows if this is a route to go and can give a hand as of how and wich keys to alter I'll be a happy camper indeed...

Thank you in advance.

/Having_Issues...

Oh by the way, if it matters... The computer is the DC in my home dommain...
No one?

Ok. Lets make this a less exact issue then. Is there any one who have this kind of behaivioure on Windows 8.1 or server 2012 r2 and managed to some how correct it?

1. Local share (no network issue).
2. Randomly apearing framedrops or stuttering playback. Sound and video.
3. Any HD content might trigger this, DVDs seems fine.

If I coud find a place to begin searching for the problem I'll probobly find a way to get going.
The only clues I have so far is that if the computer is freshly restarted this is no issue. And it might possibly have something to do with pausing and resuming playback (but that last one is pure guessing).

Video by HDMI.
Audio by built in soundcard connected to amplifier.
Hi there i use windows server 2008 r2 with kodi
The way got it to work was to modify the registry to give more prioty to programs and multimedia
The following is a reg file that will do these modifications for you but i would advise against this if there are a lot of users accessing the server
As it will degrade performance for background services
Also make sure you know what you are doing as modifying the registry can be dangerous i take no liability if you bring down your server

------------ Cut here and save as .reg file (this will give prioty to programs and multimedia) ------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;###### Enable SuperFetch Service (Speed up program Execution) ######
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters]
"EnablePrefetcher"=dword:00000003
"EnableSuperfetch"=dword:00000003

;###### increase priority for Multimedia (Prevent Stuttering Sound) ######
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile]
"SystemResponsiveness"=dword:00000014

;###### Performance for Programs ######
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]
"Win32PrioritySeparation"=dword:00000026
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------- Cut here and save as .reg File (Extra mods for general use) --------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;###### Enable thumbnails in Windows Explorer ######
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"IconsOnly"=dword:00000000

;###### Disable Shutdown Event Tracker ######
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Reliability]
"ShutdownReasonOn"=dword:00000000
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you!

This is the exact information I was looking for. The same settings I used for my former server untill lightning struck...
I will report back the result as soon as I have a chance to try it.

Sorry for late reply. I'd given up on the subject and just stumbled uppon this today on pure chance. Blush
I use this tool to modify Windows Server 2012 R2 towards the behavior of Windows 8: http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/...=63&t=2499

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Windows Server 2012 R20