NEWBIE: XBMC, EPG & HDHOMERUN PRIME
I would delete this message, but for some reason, the forum software won't let me.

the WMC portion of this issue was solved by my son.

I am trying to get XBMC to work to substitute for WMC. So far, no joy. I can not seem to get the EPG to work for me. Btw, I live in the USA.

I started looking into XBMC because my Windows Media Center PC stopped downloading the data for the program guide back around March, 2014....
The HDHomerun works fine.... It will tune all my channels. I just have no data about what's playing. I have yet to find a solution for WMC that will allow me to download the EPG.

Right now, I'm back to using my Tivo because I can't successfully schedule anything on my PC.

I have read forums and tutorials and have yet to find anything I can get to work. Several even mention using the WMC as a "backend"... still not sure precisely what that means: the WMC software is "feeding" data to XBMC; or a separate hardware server that runs WMC software.
In my case, that won't work... since my WMC is not working.

I've tried adding simpletv, and I get "dependencies not met". Also, it appears that this does not work in the USA. Or it doesn't load program data for the US.

I actually have read a lot of articles in these forums, and I see a lot of good info. but I can't yet find anything that will work.
I would very much appreciate some guidance.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Pat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEWBIE: XBMC, EPG & HDHOMERUN PRIME0