• 4(current)
Wetek Play
(2015-01-15, 15:43)takitr Wrote: tvheadend works very stable on android devices (rk3188) and streaming other lan and wifi device. I use kodi 15 nightly build. only problem 15-30 channels fast zapping kodi closing. based problem rk3188 dont decode mpeg4 avc part10. infinity evo hisilicone work on android. tvh add on xbmc hisilicone drive tvheadend like dvbreceiver. tvh of add on xbmc can scan with tvheadend. no need web browser for.
Correction and clearification; what you meant to say is that the Tvheadend CLIENT (PVR addon for Kodi PVR frontend) is stable when used in Kodi running on Android OS.

What I am saying is that the Tvheadend SERVER (PVR backend) does run on Android at all today, (even if it however can run on the same ARM-devices running Linux OS). And my request is for the Tvheadend SERVER (PVR backend) to also run stable on Android devices (like this WeTek box) when it is running Android as its operating system.

Because of Kodi's distributed application structure for PVR we have to be very clear when we are talking about the server/backend side and when we are taking about the client/frontend side for Kodi. PVR clients and PVR backends are not the same thing and many new Kodi users do not seem to understand the difference when we are talking about servers and clients.

Please see the detailed explanation here http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR

Let's start with PVR backend (server) and frontend PVR addon (client) concept. For Kodi (frontend) we need both a PVR backend (server) and a PVR addon (client to watch TV. You can also simply think the backend as a server and the frontend as a client, but that's a slight simplification.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client%E2%8...rver_model

The backend will handle all the TV related activity, such as tuning the channels, managing recordings, handling the program guide (EPG) etc. The frontend is typically running on a device that will interact with the end user, ie. the person watching the TV. There can be several frontend connected to the same backend at the same time. The frontend will receive the video stream from the backend using IP transmission.

In my request, I wish to the backend and the frontend on the same box which have Android as its operating-system. And in this case the suggested backend is a software called Tvheadend which is the server software and the frontend is a Tvheadend client (addon) in the Kodi. It's good to understand the relation between the frontend and the backend. The backend needs to work before there's even point to try to configure the frontend.
I use my android device server of tvheadend. Most stable server android than linux server of tvheadend. My android device streaming dvbs channel send all other lan, wifi and net device. I dont hear tvheadend works with wetek on android. Only works openelec wetek. I dont hear wetek dtv player apk share streaming tv channels other lan device (xbmc hts and tvhclien). Connect usb dvb tuner on android device. setup tvheadend after stream all device like your circuit diagram photo

I dont say tvh add on most stable on android. Need improvement tvh addon. But hisilicone dvb producer made it under android. Look this videos. I said cristiantroy this matter. Wetek can make it
http://www.xbmc4stb.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33
(2015-01-15, 20:03)takitr Wrote: I use my android device server of tvheadend. Most stable server android than linux server of tvheadend. My android device streaming dvbs channel send all other lan, wifi and net device. I dont hear tvheadend works with wetek on android. Only works openelec wetek. I dont hear wetek dtv player apk share streaming tv channels other lan device (xbmc hts and tvhclien). Connect usb dvb tuner on android device. setup tvheadend after stream all device like your circuit diagram photo

I dont say tvh add on most stable on android. Need improvement tvh addon. But hisilicone dvb producer made it under android. Look this videos. I said cristiantroy this matter. Wetek can make it
http://www.xbmc4stb.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33
Huh? Sorry I don't understand you at all there. Looks like you may be using a bad language translation software.
I'm almost ready to order a unit with the DVB-T tuner to use with my bedroom plasma tv.
I'm planning to use it only with Openelec for freeview tv channels and to stream movies/tv series from my Qnap Nas running my SQL

Can any of the owners confirm that:

1) 24p playback and TV refresh rate change
2) HDMI-CEC

are working under Openelec?

Also, anyone using a Harmony remote with it?
(2015-01-21, 13:48)Proteus12 Wrote: I'm almost ready to order a unit with the DVB-T tuner to use with my bedroom plasma tv.
I'm planning to use it only with Openelec for freeview tv channels and to stream movies/tv series from my Qnap Nas running my SQL

Can any of the owners confirm that:

1) 24p playback and TV refresh rate change
2) HDMI-CEC

are working under Openelec?

Also, anyone using a Harmony remote with it?

24p playback and refresh rate change work very well for progressive content

CEC is currently not enabled, but I think its being worked on.

My wetek is almost perfect, there is a current problem with 1080i content meaning that a resolution of 1280*720 is required to make it work well. There is a lot of development being put into it, so i expect it be solved quickly (the improvement in openelec in the 2 weeks i've had my wetek is amazing)
(2015-01-21, 13:51)tdw197 Wrote: 24p playback and refresh rate change work very well for progressive content

My wetek is almost perfect, there is a current problem with 1080i content meaning that a resolution of 1280*720 is required to make it work well. There is a lot of development being put into it, so i expect it be solved quickly (the improvement in openelec in the 2 weeks i've had my wetek is amazing)

Well, my tv is not a full HD one (Panasonic X60) so I will be setting the output at 720p anyway.

As for the HDMI-CEC now, I guess I can live without it for a few days/weeks if it's on it's way. Are the Openelec updates OTA by the way or they need to be manually installed?

Anyone else knows about compatibility with Harmony remotes ?
Would I be able to use this with my Logitech Harmony and have it turn on and off?
(2015-01-21, 15:09)Proteus12 Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 13:51)tdw197 Wrote: 24p playback and refresh rate change work very well for progressive content

Well, my tv is not a full HD one (Panasonic X60) so I will be setting the output at 720p anyway.

As for the HDMI-CEC now, I guess I can live without it for a few days/weeks if it's on it's way. Are the Openelec updates OTA by the way or they need to be manually installed?

Anyone else knows about compatibility with Harmony remotes ?

(2015-01-21, 15:11)goujam Wrote: Would I be able to use this with my Logitech Harmony and have it turn on and off?

I use my harmony via a flirc. The wetek has an IR sensor, but it's only for on/off, the rest of the remote functions are via an internal RF receiver.

Openelec updates are via update .tar files (as with all openelec updates I think). You copy them into the update folder on the wetek, via samba, and reboot.
That sounds promising I have a USB RC6 reciever I could use for when im in openelec. Do you know if this device will pass through hd audio dts-ma and truehd
(2015-01-21, 15:42)goujam Wrote: That sounds promising I have a USB RC6 reciever I could use for when im in openelec. Do you know if this device will pass through hd audio dts-ma and truehd

Good question, I have a couple hanging around will try it in a bit and let you know.
(2015-01-21, 15:42)tdw197 Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 15:42)goujam Wrote: That sounds promising I have a USB RC6 reciever I could use for when im in openelec. Do you know if this device will pass through hd audio dts-ma and truehd

Good question, I have a couple hanging around will try it in a bit and let you know.

Thanks that would be great!
(2015-01-21, 15:09)Proteus12 Wrote: Are the Openelec updates OTA by the way or they need to be manually installed?
OpenELEC does offer OTA updates but only for major versions/revisions, see http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...g_OpenELEC For more info read their wiki and ask in their forums.

If you want to try cutting-edge updates to newer Alpha, Beta, Release Candidates, or experimental builds then you need to download and install such updates manually yourself.
Got my WeTek yesterday (thanks WeTek!) and came up with this keymap for OpenELEC: http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap...e#Keymap_1

It will actually work with both Android and OE, but the "*" button doesn't seem to do anything under Android.

Thoughts? Suggestions for improving the keymap?
I have a library of about 1200 movies stored on a network, all with local NFO files, accessed via NFS. I typically set up Kodi with the Aeon Nox skin to view these files.

Using Openelec on the Wetek play, the playback part of the story seems to work really well. But I think the hardware is struggling with a heavy skin and a moderately big library. For example
1. Library scanning is unbearably slow. Leave it running overnight slow.
2. Navigating a large library of files under Aeon Nox, the device struggles. You cannot scroll through the list of films quickly using, for example, the showcase view user Aeon Nox.

Have other users encountered the same issues?

To me this feels like a product with decent software support but where the hardware just can't keep up. I wonder if it would be any different if I wasn't running Openelec from the Micro Sd card.

I know it is not a fair comparison, but this feels nothing like as robust as a Chromebox running Openelec in my experience. Couldn't give this to the wife and kids to use.
(2015-01-13, 09:56)wrxtasy Wrote: I'm a TvHeadend user
When Wetek talk about running a TvHeadend PVR backend, then I'm pretty sure they included the ability to record live TV.
Its part of the standard Linux TvHeadend server software package.
WeTek Play does not have enough internal storage for PVR recording, so does that mean that it supports DVR recording to a an attached USB-drive and/or to a NAS-storage with SMB/NFS shares?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wetek Play4