OS X When watching official TV streams from ISP they stop after 2 minutes (Mac only)
Hi,

beside normal Internet access I also receive normal TV from my DSL-ISP and normally watch it with a special receiver that is connected to my router with a normal network cable. It works just finde, but it is also possible to watch the TV live streams with other players on other devices, as long as they are connected to the local network.

I tried already some time ago watching those streams with XBMC but for some reason they always stop playback after about 2 minutes. I discussed this already a year ago in this thread and opened a ticket when Frodo was the latest version and later for Gotham. I already tried watching the streams with Kodi on my Mac but they still stop after about two minutes.

Since it generally should work (VLC on my Mac plays them still with no issues) and so far no one could reproduce this problem today I just had the idea to give this a try under Windows, so I did boot over to my Windows 8.1 installation under Bootcamp and installed Kodi there. It seems that indeed under Windows XBMC/Kodi has no problems playing the TV streams from my ISP, I did start watching a few different channels and let them run for about half an hour each.

So could this be a bug in the Mac version only or is there maybe just a simple setting that needs to be changed under OS X?

Not sure if this is useful but I found here a page where this IPTV service is introduced in English.

Here the log file where I did start watching a tv stream until stopped after 2 minutes under Kodi: http://pastebin.com/BJw9eXUK
Please don't post logs here. Instead post a link to a debug log (wiki).
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yep this is not a debug log (enable debugging and post a new one).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
OK, I enabled the debugging option and did the whole process again, here the new log file (a lot bigger now):

http://pastebin.com/EAvM0s0G

All I did this time too is just running Kodi, start a tv stream from my ISP and I let it run until it freezes (about 2 minutes and 10 seconds in).

Hope this helps to identify the problem, let me know if you need more information or more log files. I could also reboot to Windows under Bootcamp again and upload a log file from there, where this problem does not occur, would this be useful?
I too have this problem, both from Mac and pc using Samsung software and also Serviio and from internal and external hard drives, so guess it might be some problem with the video codec?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When watching official TV streams from ISP they stop after 2 minutes (Mac only)0