Watched Status
Sorry to spam threads, but this is sufficiently different in my opinion to create a new one.

Is there a way to change how the skin shows a watched/unwatched episode? I like in the menus when choosing a TV you can see how many are unwatched and even on the season level it looks good.

But on the individual episode level, the only difference is that the HD symbol is white if unwatched and blue if watched? I didnt see any other place to change that within the settings and that is just a little too subtle for me.

Thanks for any help.
Hi westcoastbias.

No problem - I'm here to help Smile

There's currently no skin setting to change the episode watched/unwatched overlays. Some views lets you completely turn them off, but changing them is not possible at the moment.

Feel free to download the images from Github to modify them or make your own. They are in the media folder: OverlayHD.png and OverlayHDAlt.png and images for the partially watched overlays are in the media/watched folder.

Let me know if you need help with the skin xml code. If you have suggestions for better images, you can post them in this thread and I will consider replacing the current ones.
I want to replace the blue HD logo with the blue check mark. Where in the code would I edit for that to happen?
That's shouldn't require too much editing.

It depends which view you use for episodes?
The view I am using is List Info 2 - Normal.

What about instead of using the checkmark, I change the color of the HD logo? What other logos would I have to change? I assume there is an SD one as well. Are there others that would be used to show watched status in TV or Movies?

EDIT: I think what I want to do is invert the space, that will make it more noticeable. So fill the clear space with blue and the blue space with clear (maybe white, depends if the fanart backgrounds clash).
Hi westcoastbias.

If you manually install the latest version, the xml lines will be the same as mine.

Download it here.

Be aware that a bug have been fixed for custom categories using favourites, which requires you to select the favourite items again. This applies only for custom category paths - not icons, images, panels or backgrounds, and not for custom submenu items (yet). Read about it here.

The overlays throughout the skin.rapier/media folder are:
  • OverlaySD.png (white SD)
  • OverlaySDAlt.png (blue SD)
  • OverlayHD.png (white HD)
  • OverlayHDAlt.png (blue HD)
  • OverlayWatched.png (blue checkmark)
  • OverlayUnknown.png (white question mark)
  • OverlayUnknownAlt.png (blue question mark)
The partially watched overlays are in the skin.rapier/media/watched folder.

Edit skin.rapier/720p/Views.xml

The include named "VideoQualityOverlayWatched" from line 42-48 is the watched overlay:
Line 43: HD
Line 45: SD
Line 46: Movie sets watched checkmark overlay
Line 47: Unknown overlay

The include named "VideoQualityOverlayUnwatched" from line 50-56 is the unwatched overlay.
Line 51: HD
Line 53: SD
Line 54: Movie sets watched checkmark overlay
Line 55: Unknown overlay

The include named "WatchedPartial" from line 26-32 is the white partially watched overlay.

The include named "WatchedPartialAlt" from line 34-40 is the blue partially watched overlay.

You can replace the images on the xml lines with the full path to your modified images.

These includes are used throughout the skin, so changing these will change a lot of overlays in the views.

Remember that is you edit the xml files, the edits are overwritten next time the skin is updated - and I strongly recommend keeping the skin updated at all times.

(2015-01-07, 02:05)westcoastbias Wrote: EDIT: I think what I want to do is invert the space, that will make it more noticeable. So fill the clear space with blue and the blue space with clear (maybe white, depends if the fanart backgrounds clash).

Doing this will conflict with the partially watched overlays, which indicates the watched status of partially watched files.

Hope this helps!
Gade
Thanks!

Is it is possible to edit the png files that are already installed on the machine? I could not locate them when I SSH'd into it yesterday. Is this because once compiled they are not able to be accessed? I would rather avoid reinstalling the zip because then I would have to reconfigure all my settings.
Yes, all images in the media folder are compressed into one file: Textures.xbt

If you keep the new images inside the skin folder, they are most likely deleted when the skin updates.

Maybe you could create a folder outside the skin with the new images and enter the path in the skin xml's?
Or you can create a backup skin folder with a different folder name, add-on ID and add-on name where you keep your modified skin and extra images.

If you install the zip no settings are lost. Only the custom categories using favourite paths needs to be set again (not even the icon, images, background or panels in the category needs any changes). And this needs to be done eventually (by the next update), because I change the code to fix a lot of errors and open up for new cool features. Smile
So I did it. I must say I am extremely happy with the results. Here is a screenshot if anyone else is interested.

Not sure why the image is broken...here it is.
http://imgur.com/1aZl6s9
Hi westcoastbias.

Nicely done and great you figured it out Smile

It looks really nice.

Cheers
Gade

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched Status0