Bug <defaultcontrol> being ignored
(2015-01-06, 13:44)Hitcher Wrote: Probably because your visible conditions are pretty much instantly verified as true whereas mine are for content that has to be loaded from the library.

Maybe, hard to tell without looking at your code. GitHub link?

Just checked, if item with a given id is not available or it's visible condition is not met, focus remains on an item defined in <focusposition></focusposition> tag. Are you suggesting that your visible conditions take too much time to evaluate?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

As they're items from a playlist I guess that's the answer.
@Hitcher, is this reproducible with an already released skin? If not, mind providing sample code?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
As it's a WIP skin I'd rather not share it publicly right now so I've PMd you.

Thanks.
Sry to resurrect such an old thread, but from my observations this (still) makes sense...

I've recently come across the issue that a decaultcontrol tag is seemingly being ignored mostly in some dialogs of my skin where controls seem to only be drawn after the tag is being read. That way there's seemingly no focus when the dialog has been opened, but it is there once any directional button is pressed. But sometimes it's not on the first control of a group, but remains on the same one as it was in the dialog before (e.g. when opening a few addon info dialogs after one another).

It looks to me that this bug is still there after all these years. But I've found a workaround that is working here reliably: adding a silent alarm as an onload that does what the defaultcontrol should do...

xml:
<onload>AlarmClock(WindowDialogFocus,Control.SetFocus($PARAM[id]),00:00,silent)</onload>

This onload that I'm using via an include with a param for the control ID to focus is working as expected here. It seems to be loaded after the dialog has been loaded with all its controls visible already. This should be the way the defaultcontrol tag should be handled as well. The correct control (group) is being focussed every time and the first visible control inside a control group is being focussed reliably...

Maybe this could still be addressed? In the meantime, this should work as a fix for everyone who might be wondering how to circumvent this issue. Blush
OSMC Skinner      |    The OSMC Skin for Kodi v20 Nexus (native 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 skin, special cinemascope/CIH version available)      |     GitHub: https://github.com/Ch1llb0/skin.osmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<defaultcontrol> being ignored0