Missing/Importing Poster and Fanarts
Hi,

just tried Kodi current release (14.0 Helix) with default Skin on OSX (10.9.5) and I'm quite impressed, great work !!

All my movies/series are located on a NAS server and prepared for main use with my popcorn hour devices running on yamj skins....
As I really spent a lot time (instead of watching movies SmileSmile) with preparing and grabbing all infos I have some questions:

I turned on in the settings to use local information only, cause I don't want ANY files changed or messed up on my server, so:
Can you please confirm that *.nfo files won't be changed through use of Kodi ?

###

Is there any chance that Kodi uses:
for a movie/nfo like: DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY].iso / .nfo

DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY].jpg for poster file, instead of DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY]-poster.jpg

and:
DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY].fanart.jpg instead of: DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY]-fanart.jpg

??

I want Kodi to use my prepared Yamj files....

###

And for Tv-Shows I also don't get any pictures Sad.
Titles, Seasons, Episodes infos are read correct, but all covers are missing.

My Series are organized like:

FOLDERNAME like TV-SHOW, example "BREAKING BAD"
with FOLDERNAME.jpg and FOLDERNAME.fanart.jpg

SUBFOLDERNAME like "SEASON_1_R" or "SEASON_1"
with SUBFOLDERNAME.jpg and SUBFOLDERNAME.fanart.jpg

with media files like:
BREAKING_BAD_S1E01E02E03_[DVD].iso / .nfo inside

###

Thanks for inputs and help !
Hm..... still no help ?
I switched from YAMJ a few years ago and had to make some changes to file naming. Also, not all nfo xml tags that YAMJ uses are supported in Kodi. The wiki can probably answer many of your questions.

Here's a few you may want to look at-
File/folder naming and structure- Naming_video_files (wiki)
Artwork Downloader (great addon for adding your artwork to the Kodi db)- Add-on:Artwork_Downloader (wiki). Includes good examples of art naming and supports local art as long as it's named properly.

I personally would suggest using Universal Movie Scraper to scrape the videos rather than local nfo's. I think it's less headache. But that's just my opinion. If you want to use nfo's you should look at this. The main difference I ran into with NFO files when I switched from YAMJ was that multiple movie sets are not supported in Kodi. If you have NFO files which include this you'll get errors from Kodi. The <id></id> tag is also not supported. You need to use an imdb or tvdb url included in the NFO file. Hope this helps.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing/Importing Poster and Fanarts0