Kodi is not full screen after I turn TV back on?
Hi everyone, I have this issue which I think came about after a format. I obviously have a setting different somewhere but can't work it out. I had this issue in the last version of XBMC (Gotham) as well so I assume that the issue is Windows based but on the chance that it isn't I am hoping someone can help out.

Basically I never turn my HTPC off as it updates over night. It the machine has been on for a while and my Receiver and TV are both off when I turn the off I get the following issue.

As you can see XBMC only takes up a portion of the screen and I need to plug in a mouse, close it, and reopen it which is a massive pain. Can anyone give me any ideas what might cause this. Some info which might help.

Kodi v 14
Win 7 x64
AMD Video card running on HP N36L
Pioneer VSX-919AH receiver and Hisense TV
Kodi set to Fullscreen and never turn the display off (I'm testing if it is a power saving issue)
Windows turn display off never

My thought was that the computer when the amp turns on and the tv turns on gets a weird aspect ratio and xbmc gets set to a weird size but no other programs I've tested have the same issue. Any ideas what I can test?

Also just as a side note if I turn the TV and amp off then immediately back on (or in a really short span of time) the program is fine. I need to be away from it for a while, like 30 mins plus.
I'm not sure on all the details about why this sometimes happens and sometimes not, but you might try the pin19 trick. See HDMI (wiki).

Basically, you block the computer from being able to see that the display turns on or off, so it doesn't freak out.
(2015-01-05, 15:59)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure on all the details about why this sometimes happens and sometimes not, but you might try the pin19 trick. See HDMI (wiki).

Basically, you block the computer from being able to see that the display turns on or off, so it doesn't freak out.

I have the exact same symptom.
And blocking pin 19 does not work for me, cause then it won´t see the equipment connected to my receiver and then tv.

But I also had that problem, when using Frodo and somewhere I found a software fix, but I just can´t remember if it was xbmc related or windows registry related.
But it reappeared when I upgraded to kodi, so I am thinking it was a xbmc trick.

Pondering....

What I am doing now, is having kodi close at suspend and reopen at resume, then then problem is somewhat supressed.
Can also try using MonInfo to set an EDID override so the properties of the HDMI remain fixed not matter the state of the connected device.
(2015-01-06, 16:10)h8redv2 Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 15:59)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure on all the details about why this sometimes happens and sometimes not, but you might try the pin19 trick. See HDMI (wiki).

And blocking pin 19 does not work for me, cause then it won´t see the equipment connected to my receiver and then tv.

But I also had that problem, when using Frodo and somewhere I found a software fix, but I just can´t remember if it was xbmc related or windows registry related.
But it reappeared when I upgraded to kodi, so I am thinking it was a xbmc trick.

Pondering....

What I am doing now, is having kodi close at suspend and reopen at resume, then then problem is somewhat supressed.

Hrmm, how are you achieving this if you don't mind me asking? Through task manager? I will look at this also!

(2015-01-06, 16:22)jjd-uk Wrote: Can also try using MonInfo to set an EDID override so the properties of the HDMI remain fixed not matter the state of the connected device.

Is this trivial? I've been experimenting with the hot swap stuff but haven't had a lot of lock blocking off pin 19.
MonInfo is not something I've personally had to use, I just know of people having success with it, the best instructions I can find are http://blogs.blackmarble.co.uk/blogs/rhe...vista.aspx

If you decide to try it, to be safe as possible make sure you've got a Windows restore point before doing anything, and also make sure you've copies of everything at each step.

If you're too nervous to try yourself you could try asking if anyone can helf out over at http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...hread.html
I had to use both moninfo and tape pin 19. After taping the pin make sure you can vnc or similar into your windows machine to install the inf file that moninfo created.
(2015-01-08, 13:53)grnt Wrote:
(2015-01-06, 16:10)h8redv2 Wrote:

Pondering....

Hrmm, how are you achieving this if you don't mind me asking? Through task manager? I will look at this also!

Using this wonderful little program http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is not full screen after I turn TV back on?0