Kodi doesn't read ID3 Tags in Video-Files
Question 
Hi,

I'm new on Kodi. I use Kodi on Windows, Android Tablet and FireTV.

All works fine, but I have a problem with reading ID3-Tags on mp4 - VideoFiles.

If I use Twonky (which reads the mp4-Files and it's Tags) and access Twonky by kodi, all Titles from ID3-Tags are shown correctly.
But if kody reads the Video-Files directly, it shows the filename as title and doesn't display the coverpicture. Kodi creates a own coverpicture.

These VideoFiles are private Films, so kodi cannot find these Infos with scrapers which are using internet databases.

Is there a video-file scraper available, wich is able to read ID3-Tags in Video-Files ? Or what else can I do ?

Thanks in advance.
Ryker
we simply don't read any video tags.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok, so I stay on the solution over twonky at the moment. Is it planned to implement the VideoFile-ID3-Tag-reading in future ?
---
A other little Problem I found regarding play Video-Files over upnp-server (e.g. Twonky):
Kodi doesn't store the last played position, like in lokal files or over smb, nfs. But it is possible to set a bookmarks manually and play from this bookmark a other time.
So I think, the automatic store of the last viewed position in video-files is possible, even though it is played via upnp-server.

@Kodi-Team: is it possible to enable this feature also on files which played over upnp-server ?

Ryker

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't read ID3 Tags in Video-Files0