• 11(current)
HP Stream Mini - 2957U/2GB/32GB $180 inc Windows
I installed this memory in my HP Stream Mini and it seems to be working well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LDL...UTF8&psc=1

Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3 - 12800) CL11 SODIMM Notebook Memory Modules CT2KIT51264BF160B / CT2CP51264BF160B
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2015-05-08, 16:59)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-03-21, 01:58)DocG Wrote: This brings me back to that proprietary cable. Has anyone found any yet? Still can't find anything looking for that particular model. Though I've got to say, if I'd find it with a minimum order quantity of 10 I'd be very tempted again. Rofl

ever find one of these? The Broadwell MSI Cubi box I just snagged actually comes with an adapter/extension cable for the 2.5" HDD, wonder if they are the same, and if so, if you could just get the part from MSI

Not for a reasonable price, no. As for the MSI cable, I'll be able to confirm it either way once my Cubi gets here (it's in Kansas at the moment, still on its way to Oregon, then it'll be another 3 days at least to get to me), but I highly doubt it's the same as the one needed for the HP, seeing there's already way too much variation in these cables between all the different HP devices.
Installed OpenElec on my Mini. Took me less than 5 minutes. Runs great….
(2015-05-08, 23:59)DocG Wrote: I highly doubt it's the same as the one needed for the HP, seeing there's already way too much variation in these cables between all the different HP devices.

yeah, just found a picture of the HP one, definitely not the same. Oh well.
I just got my Stream Mini working with Kodi, and I am trying to get USB audio working. I installed the drivers for my Bel Canto USB to SPDIF converter, and it seems to not recognize it after a reboot. If I unplug the USB cable and reinsert it, it then shows up under audio devices. I tried reinstalling the audio drivers, but the problem persists. It seems to only not work if there is another USB device plugged in such as a keyboard or mouse. This same devices works perfectly on my Zotac Ion Windows 7 build. I just wondered if anyone else has USB audio working on the Stream, and if so I can assume it is an issue with the drivers.
Can any of you who have this tell me if it wakes up properly with an ehome remote? I have never really been able to get a pc to do that properly.
I use a FLIRC with Harmony 650 and ipazzport remotes on this and can put it to sleep and wake it up. I did have to go through Device Manager and turn off the ability of other mice/keyboards/ethernet besides the FLIRC to wake it as at first it was always waking back up without me. I didn't bother figuring out which one was actually doing it, so you probably don't need to disable them all, but at any rate you should be able to get a button on your remote to sleep/wake it.
(2015-05-20, 18:20)Eureka Wrote: I use a FLIRC with Harmony 650 and ipazzport remotes on this and can put it to sleep and wake it up. I did have to go through Device Manager and turn off the ability of other mice/keyboards/ethernet besides the FLIRC to wake it as at first it was always waking back up without me. I didn't bother figuring out which one was actually doing it, so you probably don't need to disable them all, but at any rate you should be able to get a button on your remote to sleep/wake it.

@Eureka I have the same exact setup. Did you have to program the FLIRC or did you use the predefined Logitech KODI profile? I don't have PGUP/PGDN or power options. I must admit I haven't looked at programming the unit yet. The ipazzport bluetooth works pretty well but very occasionally disconnects and reconnects. No real big deal.
Looks like I programmed sleep on the FLIRC. My best guess is that I used the Wake/Suspend button from the Media Keys controller option in the FLIRC software, and for me, associated it with the Red button. Then I used the 650 to teach "red" to the power button on the back off the ipazzport with the "AV" button. For complete shutdown, I made a tile using a shortcut for "C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0"

For some of the PGUP/DN options, I think I made a few adjustments in the MyHarmony software, but I imagine you can do them in the FLIRC as well.
Thanks @Eureka. I've filled the 32GB almost to the brim just with 8.1 updates and driver updates. Just ordered this 128GB SSD and this 8GB RAM.
Just delete some stuff.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-13, 19:41)pcdude Wrote: I just got my Stream Mini working with Kodi, and I am trying to get USB audio working. I installed the drivers for my Bel Canto USB to SPDIF converter, and it seems to not recognize it after a reboot. If I unplug the USB cable and reinsert it, it then shows up under audio devices. I tried reinstalling the audio drivers, but the problem persists. It seems to only not work if there is another USB device plugged in such as a keyboard or mouse. This same devices works perfectly on my Zotac Ion Windows 7 build. I just wondered if anyone else has USB audio working on the Stream, and if so I can assume it is an issue with the drivers.

Did you manage to get this working? I have an Audiolab Mdac and i'm hoping the HP and this USB DAC will work together...
(2015-06-01, 11:06)theFan667 Wrote:
(2015-05-13, 19:41)pcdude Wrote: I just got my Stream Mini working with Kodi, and I am trying to get USB audio working. I installed the drivers for my Bel Canto USB to SPDIF converter, and it seems to not recognize it after a reboot. If I unplug the USB cable and reinsert it, it then shows up under audio devices. I tried reinstalling the audio drivers, but the problem persists. It seems to only not work if there is another USB device plugged in such as a keyboard or mouse. This same devices works perfectly on my Zotac Ion Windows 7 build. I just wondered if anyone else has USB audio working on the Stream, and if so I can assume it is an issue with the drivers.

Did you manage to get this working? I have an Audiolab Mdac and i'm hoping the HP and this USB DAC will work together...
It only works after a reboot if I unplug and then reinsert the USB connector. I haven't found another solution.
I just set up my Hp Stream 200 today. Video plays back and looks beautiful. Unfortunately I'm having some HDMI audio issues. I have Kodi set up for audio passthrough, but for some reason I'm only getting PCM audio on my Pioneer VSX-1021. Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this? I've played these files back on other devices that were connected to this receiver and the audio worked perfectly, so I know the files are good.
(2015-06-04, 08:36)Customwise Wrote: I just set up my Hp Stream 200 today. Video plays back and looks beautiful. Unfortunately I'm having some HDMI audio issues. I have Kodi set up for audio passthrough, but for some reason I'm only getting PCM audio on my Pioneer VSX-1021. Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this? I've played these files back on other devices that were connected to this receiver and the audio worked perfectly, so I know the files are good.
On my setup I had to select the passthrough audio device as Intel HDMI WASAPI rather than DirectMode to get Dolby Digital to show up on my receiver, otherwise it would indicate PCM.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP Stream Mini - 2957U/2GB/32GB $180 inc Windows1