• 2(current)
(Helix) 1080XF 3.50.x New Additions
Greetings Mr. Piers! Great progress with the new upcoming additions. I'm looking forward to try them out when it's ready.

I also agree that the new TV Shows layout with a wide fanart-view and 4 tiles would look better & cleaner for the Movies section as well, it would indeed draw more attention to that section and also make the skin look more uniform in all views.

Instead of using lots of tiles for custom smart playlists or video addon-shortcuts I personally add the shortcuts directly to the ‘Movies Sub Menu’ by editing the ‘Custom_HomeSubmenuMovies.xml’ and replacing some or the submenus that I don’t use like “studios” “actors” “directors” or adding some new sub-menus. It looks cleaner that way and usually poster&fanart oriented skins are in overall more popular in this community in overall as it draws more attention to the digital movie collection for guest usage.

Keep up the good work and thanks again for keeping this excellent skin alive and updated. Cheers
Very nice! Keep up the good work !
Intel NUC Skull Canyon - Windows 10 Pro - Kodi 18
VU+ Solo2 - Canal Digital/CMore Max
Samsung UE65KS9005 Pro Calibrated
PS. I really like the new wider layout in overall, it really maximizes the available wasted screen space.
My 2 cents: I think that it would be useful to include a simple arrow right and left to indicate for the guest users that there are more sections to browse. That is not needed in the current compact home section views since the “left and right” part of the “next and previous” home sections are visible when you are in a section indicating that there are more sections to browse.

Image example:
(2015-01-20, 17:17)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 17:13)eirki Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 15:50)Piers Wrote: Added further screenshots of TV Shows and Weather (replaces default non-fanart view).

Sweet, loving the wider widgets!

Just curious: why is it that Movie-view has 6 tiles and TV Show-view 4? Personally, I'd prefer 4 tiles and a similarly sized widget in both views - especially since movies tend to have cooler looking fanart than TV shows.

I've been debating that with myself - I use more tiles for the movie section, so it's useful. If more share your opinion then I'll change it.

Unfortunately nobody appears to be really looking at this thread.

I agree with eirki this is one of the reason i use 1080XF MB3 over yours, i like every section has the 4tiles + the middle somewhat 16:9 view
(2015-01-20, 17:17)Piers Wrote: Unfortunately nobody appears to be really looking at this thread.

I keep an eye waiting to see something unique but most times it looks exactly like what I have already done in my skin Wink
Lookin great!

My view - I'm torn between 4 and 6 tiles. I see benefits to both, but either way my personal preference would be consistency - so either 4 across the board or 6. Seems most here prefer 4, so I would vote for that too! Smile

Piers, are you taking feature requests? where would you recommend we post them? New thread or in the main skin thread? I have 2-3 on my wishlist Smile
(2015-01-20, 19:38)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 17:17)Piers Wrote: Unfortunately nobody appears to be really looking at this thread.

I keep an eye waiting to see something unique but most times it looks exactly like what I have already done in my skin Wink

There difference between the repo version and your mod is simple; the repo version is refined. The changes and code are different, especially when it comes to functionality such as animations. There is room for both, but comments like yours are unwelcome.

You could merge the latest git updates into yours, fixes have been made.

While you're at it, a credit on the Media Browser forum would be nice.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
The new home layout looks awesome! Keep up the good work Piers! Nod
Hi Piers,

I like your work a lot. These new additions look great. Smile Thanks for that. I have one question appart from asking to add a picture section Smile

Since this Skin has a lot of squares in it. Wouldnt it be great to have SquareArt Support for TV Shows?
I use to tag my TV Shows manually (with MediaElch) or at least to change the Cover manually by using Covers from here: http://bendodson.com/code/itunes-artwork-finder/

Maybe you will consider that as an option. You could maybe reuse some views from the Music Section, as I guess (am not a Skinner).

Thanks again for all your hard work. It is a really beautiful skin Smile

Regards
Vlaves

PS And I have another feature request or Idea you maybe are willing to consider.
In that view here:

Could the right three Items be replaced with File Manager and Systeminformation rather then keeping them the power menu?
I find those entries quite displaced there in the power menu, but maybe that's just me. Thanks again for that great skin and your work Smile
First post updated, Movie view changed and Settings now completed.

Currently, the width is the same for each section (see grid view screenshot). The settings section introduces real time CPU usage, real time RAM usage and real time display FPS.

Excellent work as always. Love the new settings view with system info quick glance, looks great! Smile.

PS. I wonder if this skin has a github w.i.p or beta section? I’m looking forward to the official update when it’s ready. Best regards and keep up the good work.

/edit (removed inputs about the horizontal separation, it looks great as it is)
(2015-01-20, 22:29)Vlaves Wrote: Hi Piers,

I like your work a lot. These new additions look great. Smile Thanks for that. I have one question appart from asking to add a picture section Smile

Since this Skin has a lot of squares in it. Wouldnt it be great to have SquareArt Support for TV Shows?
I use to tag my TV Shows manually (with MediaElch) or at least to change the Cover manually by using Covers from here: http://bendodson.com/code/itunes-artwork-finder/

Maybe you will consider that as an option. You could maybe reuse some views from the Music Section, as I guess (am not a Skinner).

Thanks again for all your hard work. It is a really beautiful skin Smile

Regards
Vlaves

PS And I have another feature request or Idea you maybe are willing to consider.
In that view here:

Could the right three Items be replaced with File Manager and Systeminformation rather then keeping them the power menu?
I find those entries quite displaced there in the power menu, but maybe that's just me. Thanks again for that great skin and your work Smile

Can you provide an example of what you're requesting? I'm open to ideas if it has a functional use.

(2015-01-20, 22:41)AhuraMazda Wrote: Excellent work as always. Love the new settings view with system info quick glance, looks great! Smile.

PS. I wonder if this skin has a github w.i.p or beta section? I’m looking forward to the official update when it’s ready. Best regards and keep up the good work.

/edit (removed inputs about the horizontal separation, it looks great as it is)

There is a git, but it's not going to be updated with the home screen changes until they're complete. I'm testing them out on my set ups first to see how the work. Once I'm satisfied I'll push them and you can grab the git version. Once that's done then it's time to send it off to the repo.

(2015-01-20, 20:19)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 19:38)im85288 Wrote:

There difference between the repo version and your mod is simple; the repo version is refined. The changes and code are different, especially when it comes to functionality such as animations. There is room for both, but comments like yours are unwelcome.

You could merge the latest git updates into yours, fixes have been made.

While you're at it, a credit on the Media Browser forum would be nice.

Piers, I look at the screenshots you have posted and it looks like a clone. Of course there is room for both versions, this is unpaid hobby work.

Perhaps a credit from you on these forums for what appears at least to me to be first the same views and then the same wide layout would be helpful too instead of putting them out there as new ideas.

I'll gladly add your name to the credits list on the MediaBrowser forums. And if your that obsessed with seeing your name everywhere it's actually still on my versions addon icon.
(2015-01-20, 23:04)Piers Wrote: There is a git, but it's not going to be updated with the home screen changes until they're complete. I'm testing them out on my set ups first to see how the work. Once I'm satisfied I'll push them and you can grab the git version. Once that's done then it's time to send it off to the repo.

Thanks for all the hard work and for the info, I just discovered the vonH master branch github for this skin and love following the progress/additional changes along with reading the changelog.txt. Keep up the good work.

PS. I’ve really tried to enable “thumbnail” view usage for non-library music-folders by editing “Includes_Views.xml” and “MyMusicSongs.xml” but without any success at all. It always reverts back to list-mode despite the correct conditions and changes. Re-enabling other views in the xml’s has always worked for other skins that are only limited to list-view but not for this skin and I'm not sure why Sad. Any help regarding this issue would indeed be much appreciated. Best regards
(2015-01-20, 17:17)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 17:13)eirki Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 15:50)Piers Wrote: Added further screenshots of TV Shows and Weather (replaces default non-fanart view).

Sweet, loving the wider widgets!

Just curious: why is it that Movie-view has 6 tiles and TV Show-view 4? Personally, I'd prefer 4 tiles and a similarly sized widget in both views - especially since movies tend to have cooler looking fanart than TV shows.

I've been debating that with myself - I use more tiles for the movie section, so it's useful. If more share your opinion then I'll change it.

Unfortunately nobody appears to be really looking at this thread.

I would also prefer 4 tiles in the tv show section.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Helix) 1080XF 3.50.x New Additions2