Still Installing Gotham 13.2.?
Do you think the annoying pop sound at the start of movies when pass through is enabled is due to the a/v receiver I have? Cannot find any reference to others seeing this issue.
yes definitly an issue/behavior with the used audio components... (nothing generic)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Interesting. Do you know why the pop only happens when I enable passthrough. When not using passthrough, there's no popping sound. is that a clue for anything here?

Add on: just tested the same version of Kodi from an HTPC and no popping. Just with the Apple TV. Can anyone see why this is the case?
Well just a theory - the amp starts "playing" the audio data samples before it recognizes that this is ac3/dts encoded material. Thats what you hear as a blip. We don't have any control over this. The fact that it works on your HTPC or any other device doesn't help either because the exact timings and techniques those audio packets are transfered is dependend on the lowlevel driver or even the audio hardware itself.

Once more - we don't have that level of control over the audio transfer channel - especially with those closed hardware/software platforms running ios. Nothing i can do for you - sorry man.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I really appreciate your thought on this. The funny thing is, ther popping sound does not occur with the same setup under Gotham 13.1 It only started happening after the last few updates. Does this help to narrow things down even further? My sure if there ever will be a fix since you don't believe it is a software issue. Just thought I would pass along this information, hope it helps.
Its not only about believing - i would not expect a fix for this.
You guys do good work so I still have hope that someone will find a fix somehow. Reason being, it did not do this in the old version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Still Installing Gotham 13.2.?0