• 3(current)
Release [Mod] Panel-Style Home Screen Widgets - Nox 5
(2015-01-29, 21:02)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 09:38)huzz456 Wrote: I also would like posters instead of thumbs for episodes as it's not always obvious what program it is. Is that something I can change or be added as an option?

Adding options creates a lot of unnecessary code that is spread across several files. I could look at making a version for the two of you and leave the public link as is. It wouldn't take that long. I want to keep the episode thumbs because they are wider and the large episode labels don't have to scroll. That would have to wait until I'm finished. As, after that, I can't see these files requiring much editing in the future.

Hi! Again, thanks for your work, appreciated!

The mod is working fine: the 'recent episodes' widget shows three thumbs from the recent episodes. However, I am soooooo used to having an entire row/widget filled with posters instead of thumbs, that I simply find that easier: it's easier to see which series has recentlie had a new episode added. I used this view type in Arctic and currently in Amber Smile

So for me, a perfect solution would be: show maybe 6 to 10 posters from series, and a small overlay on those posters stating the S01E01 etc data Smile

This would be my trigger to return to Nox haha Smile

Cheers!
Hey Warner, had a play with your mod and so far I got this...

watch gallery

Still very WIP but what do you think?
Wow, this is exactly what I'm looking for. I'd love to try this out!

Edit: to be more specific, I would love this view for 'Recent added episodes' Wink
(2015-01-30, 00:43)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Hey Warner, had a play with your mod and so far I got this...

watch gallery

That's pretty cool. I think I prefer the more compact version, but you could easily add that to the file I provided to you. If anyone is interested, they can use your mod.

I got a reply from BigNoid and now know how to solve the last issue with episodes.
(2015-01-30, 01:05)Warner306 Wrote: That's pretty cool. I think I prefer the more compact version, but you could easily add that to the file I provided to you. If anyone is interested, they can use your mod.

I got a reply from BigNoid and now know how to solve the last issue with episodes.

Could always add a button to toggle compact and expanded layouts...?
(2015-01-30, 01:08)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 01:05)Warner306 Wrote: That's pretty cool. I think I prefer the more compact version, but you could easily add that to the file I provided to you. If anyone is interested, they can use your mod.

Yes, I could, but I'm trying to wind down my editing of this skin and stick to the content I actually use myself. I was off work and school for a while and now would like to spend less time editing this skin. I'd rather answer questions and help with one-off projects. I'm more a label guy. I like stock Aeon Nox 5 and prefer to add window dressing to the main skin and keep up with updates. I don't want to add anything to SkinSettings, variables, MyVideoNav, etc. if I don't have to.

I will point people to your skin if they like this type of widget. I might also add instructions on how to extract the files from your skin if they want to add it as a mod.
(2015-01-30, 02:48)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 01:08)mikesilvo164 Wrote:

Yes, I could, but I'm trying to wind down my editing of this skin and stick to the content I actually use myself. I was off work and school for a while and now would like to spend less time editing this skin. I'd rather answer questions and help with one-off projects. I'm more a label guy. I like stock Aeon Nox 5 and prefer to add window dressing to the main skin and keep up with updates. I don't want to add anything to SkinSettings, variables, MyVideoNav, etc. if I don't have to.

I will point people to your skin if they like this type of widget. I might also add instructions on how to extract the files from your skin if they want to add it as a mod.

Sorry... I wasn't clear before. I meant I'll add it which I already have in my local test branch. I want to make sure that if I incorporate your mod it is as you would like it since you are the one who spent so much time on it in the first place. If interested we can work on it together and I'll send you my test branch in PM if you wish to take part. If not I completely understand and I just would like to say that I appreciate your efforts in providing quite a few mods that I use and have used in the past so thank you!
First post updated with completed files.
(2015-01-30, 07:12)Warner306 Wrote: And, for a limited time, I created a second version that replaces TV Show episode thumbs with posters.

Panel Widgets with TV Show Posters:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing.

THANK YOU Smile
hey man thanks for this, is there a way to disable the show and movies name on the widgets?

thanks
(2015-01-30, 10:05)mata7 Wrote: hey man thanks for this, is there a way to disable the show and movies name on the widgets?

thanks

No, I can't disable all of the names. Are you talking about TV Show names, or just names in general. Removing all names and resizing the posters and labels would be a lot of work. But I could remove the TV Shows for episodes, as I thought that might be a matter of personal taste.
I improved the widgets further by removing the TV Show title in episode views with posters. This is the same for both download links.
Warner,

Thank you so much for this mod. I really missed the old widgets.

I have one small issue that I am hoping you can help me with.
For some reason all of the title in both the poster and episode views are left justified and not centered in all of the posted screenshots.

I am on Gotham 13.2 in OpenElec, not sure if that makes a difference.

Keep up the good work.
(2015-01-31, 00:37)Kentbrockman Wrote: Warner,

Thank you so much for this mod. I really missed the old widgets.

I have one small issue that I am hoping you can help me with.
For some reason all of the title in both the poster and episode views are left justified and not centered in all of the posted screenshots.

I am on Gotham 13.2 in OpenElec, not sure if that makes a difference.

Keep up the good work.

This is designed for Helix. That's probably why you have a conflict. The skin has been edited in many ways since then.

I'll adjust the thread title with that in mind. I have no idea what BigNoid would have changed to cause that alignment issue.
(2015-01-30, 00:43)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Hey Warner, had a play with your mod and so far I got this...

watch gallery

Wow I really like this! Is there anyway you can give me a copy so I can install on mine? :] thanks!

Also instead of having the movie name on top of the poster maybe do like android tv does:

Just a suggestion
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Panel-Style Home Screen Widgets - Nox 53