Update Library Not Scraping New Entries
Platform: ATV2
iOS 6.1.4 Darwin 13.0.0 w/ ATV software 5.3 (6105)
Kodi 14.0 Git:2014-12-23-ad747d9-dirty (Compiled Dec. 23, 2014)
Install Method: apt-get
Debug log: http://pastebin.com/tzbTSGSX

Hi all. So I made a fresh re-install of Kodi a few nights ago and added my movie and tv sources from my computer's respective directories. After setting content for each source, the initial scrapes were fine- all of the entries showed up in my library and in the Movies and TV sections. However, subsequent "Update Library" executions did not scrape the new additions from my directories into my Movies or TV sections. The naming conventions and the directories are all correct, since the new additions show up in File Mode (albeit as folders instead of movie titles). If I go into File mode and select each source with "Scan New Content", the new movies then appear correctly in the library.

I have already tried setting the source's content to None and then changing information for all entries to the library (effectively removing every entry). Then I set content back to Movies with the Universal Movie Scraper selected. I have the films in separate folders, named correctly with the year in the folder title so I select the appropriate scraper option for that. I've also removed the source entirely and re-added the sources again with no luck.

I'm also using nfs as my directory protocol, since smb seems to be broken since Mavericks (I'm running Yosemite on my computer). The latest addition to my Movies folder is called "Time Lapse" and hopefully there's a clue in the debug log as to why this didn't get scraped correctly. The entry does appear in the File Mode, of course.

Thanks so much in advance.
Are you sure its a dedicated problem to the atv2 - or does it behave the same when you do it on a desktop system?

Also if you do an "ls -al" in your Movies folder on the server side - does the Time Laps folder has the same permission as all others?

It might even be by intention - i am not sure about the difference between "update library" and "search for new content". The latter seems the right one to me.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Update library will scan all sources but will skip over things based on fast hash.

Scan for new content is context sensitive and triggered on specific folders/sources/TV shows and will always scan everything, even if the fast hash indicates no change.

I've seen a bunch of posts lately about issues with getting new TV show episodes in v14. I wonder if they're all related.
(2015-01-06, 15:55)Memphiz Wrote: Are you sure its a dedicated problem to the atv2 - or does it behave the same when you do it on a desktop system?

Also if you do an "ls -al" in your Movies folder on the server side - does the Time Laps folder has the same permission as all others?

It might even be by intention - i am not sure about the difference between "update library" and "search for new content". The latter seems the right one to me.

Hey Memphiz... I actually don't have kodi set up on my desktop- I only use it as my server. I will check the permissions for that entry, though thanks. But I haven't been able to successfully scrape any new entries from my directory since this fresh re-install (about ten or so).

(2015-01-06, 16:08)Ned Scott Wrote: Update library will scan all sources but will skip over things based on fast hash.

Scan for new content is context sensitive and triggered on specific folders/sources/TV shows and will always scan everything, even if the fast hash indicates no change.

I've seen a bunch of posts lately about issues with getting new TV show episodes in v14. I wonder if they're all related.

I've read something about a hash before, but wasn't sure if I had to edit anything (something about changing an entry to "0").

The Update Library function had always worked for me (in terms of scanning everything) before I did a fresh re-install of Kodi this past weekend. Doubt this has anything to do with the skin, but I'm also using something besides Quartz for the first time ever.

Thanks for your help!
edit. nm
I'm having the same issue as this. Did you find what was causing it?
I'm having this same issue. I've tried both scan for new content and update library and it's been sporadic for me. Currently have 4 ATV2s and only 1 shows all of the movies in the libary.

running: Kodi 14.2 stable, ATV2, SMB
AmazonFirex4/iPhone6s/iPad2/NSS326
Kodi - be brave and help - update w/nightly builds
What filesystem do you use for your media collection? You could try to disable the modification time based fast hashing via advancedsettings.xml via

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <usefasthash>true</usefasthash>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
File system is SMB. There's another oddity I'm experiencing that related to this. I actually have 4 ATV2 that all read off of this library - but maintain their own db. One of them seems to pick up on all of the movies. The other 3 don't. I just tried adding 3 more movies and they all picked up on them by doing a simple update library.

This used to work perfectly so I'm not sure what changed.

I did just try changing the media type to none and then back to movie but when asked to remove movies I chose just to rebuild. My next step is probably to remove everything an rebuild from scratch but I'm curious as to why "update library" has stopped working.
I selected the option to remove all video (when changing the video source) and then rebuilding the db and it still is missing movies. Not sure where to go from here. Is there another way to remove the movie db from the ATV2 and truly have it rebuild everything?
In order to nuke the library completely, just delete the MyVideos##.db file located in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/Database/.

edit by memphiz: corrected the given path to fit ios
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'm having a similar problem on my ATV2 running XBMC 11.0 on iOS 4.3.

Library updates have been working fine for the last year or so, but suddenly it has stopped picking up new movies. For example:

Code:
23:46:06 T:70275072   DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for 'Despicable Me' using The Movie Database scraper (path: '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.7.6')
23:46:07 T:70275072   DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;query=despicable%20me&amp;year=2010&amp;language=en</url>
23:46:07 T:70275072   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0x4303fd8) http://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&query=despicable%20me&year=2010&language=en
23:46:07 T:70275072    INFO: easy_aquire - Created session to http://api.tmdb.org
23:46:07 T:70275072   DEBUG: scraper: GetSearchResults returned <results></results>
23:46:07 T:70275072   DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for 'Despicable.Me' using The Movie Database scraper (path: '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.7.6')
23:46:07 T:70275072   DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;query=despicable%2eme&amp;year=2010&amp;language=en</url>
23:46:07 T:70275072   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0x4303fd8) http://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&query=despicable%2eme&year=2010&language=en
23:46:07 T:70275072   DEBUG: scraper: GetSearchResults returned <results></results>

Exactly the same thing happens whether I choose "Update library", "Scan for new content", or even try to add each movie manually (by holding down the select button with the movie file highlighted). In all cases it contacts TMDB, which only seems to return empty results.

If I paste the exact same FileCurl URL in a web browser I seem to get the correct results back, though...

Any ideas?
The scraper website got updated, but there are no more scraper add-on updates for v11. Your options are to either update or use some program that generates nfo files.
(2015-06-07, 01:11)Ned Scott Wrote: The scraper website got updated, but there are no more scraper add-on updates for v11. Your options are to either update or use some program that generates nfo files.

Thanks for your reply! What's the general opinion here about the performance of the latest version of Kodi on ATV2? Is it much slower compared to 11.0?

Alternatively, I guess I could try and update the scraper myself, unless there are limitations in 11.0 itself that would prevent this? Is there a link to a page/doc that describes the exact changes that were made to the scraper website?
Nevermind, I was able to solve it now! I found this post and just straight replaced the GetSearchResults element as suggested there -- And now it's working again!

At least until they update the API again. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Library Not Scraping New Entries0