• 32(current)
Release reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
I noticed a quirk after switching XMLTV providers to one that provides "enhanced" data, including posters and fanart. The EPG view normally includes the channel logos, like:

Posters and fanart embedded in the XMLTV override the channel logo. The problem is that they're not square, like:

Is this intentional? Is there a way to force channel logos?
Basically the skin only expects channel logo's here, hence the still square dimensions of the frame. I'm pretty sure I can make them adapt to the actual size in the case of other size, though I am not 100% sure. About forcing channel logos, probably yes. Does the backend or Kodi not provide an option for this?

In any case I will have to look into it. Would you mind creating an issue for this on Git so I don't forget about it?
I posted the issue on Git.

(2015-11-20, 09:02)Jeroen Wrote: Does the backend or Kodi not provide an option for this?

That's a good question.

Kodi doesn't provide an option, but the backend might? My current backend is IPTV-Simple. Its configuration menu has a section for channel logos, with one item labelled "Channel Logos from XMLTV." The listed options are "prefer M3U, prefer XMLTV, ignore." The M3U file contains URLs to my locally stored channel logos.

Selecting any of the three options all have the same outcome -- channels containing enhanced data show posters or fanart in lieu of the channel logo; channels missing the enhanced data show the channel logo. Using my old XMLTV source without enhanced data always shows the channel logo. The backend might be broken or I may be misunderstanding the purpose of that menu item?

One reason I'm confused is that the live TV info bar always shows the channel logo, even if the channel contains enhanced data (i.e. posters/fanart in EPG view). It seems like the info bar logo and the EPG logo are defined differently in the skin.
(2015-11-21, 08:06)ZwartePiet Wrote: Kodi doesn't provide an option, but the backend might? My current backend is IPTV-Simple. Its configuration menu has a section for channel logos, with one item labelled "Channel Logos from XMLTV." The listed options are "prefer M3U, prefer XMLTV, ignore." The M3U file contains URLs to my locally stored channel logos.

Selecting any of the three options all have the same outcome -- channels containing enhanced data show posters or fanart in lieu of the channel logo; channels missing the enhanced data show the channel logo. Using my old XMLTV source without enhanced data always shows the channel logo. The backend might be broken or I may be misunderstanding the purpose of that menu item?
Possibly, I'm not an expert on the PVR or any backend by any means Wink

Quote:One reason I'm confused is that the live TV info bar always shows the channel logo, even if the channel contains enhanced data (i.e. posters/fanart in EPG view). It seems like the info bar logo and the EPG logo are defined differently in the skin.
Ah ok, yeah those are two separate definitions. That should at least be consistent.

Cheers, I'll be looking into it. Ideally the backend should define this sort of stuff imo. But if there's nothing in place for this on backend or Kodi core level I'll see if this can be forced reliably at skin level.
Time for a new thread for the Jarvis version. Discussion on the Helix version can continue here, but please note the Helix version will not be receiving any further updates.
Can anyone confirm whether their cast view shows actor and character names? My cast view only shows actor names and I'm not sure whether this is a bug on my end or an intentional design decision. Thanks.

I downgraded to 2.1.0 and can confirm it only shows the actor names.
Thanks.
Is there anyway to increase the Watchlist 20 item limit?

• 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)5