• 15(current)
Intel NUC - Broadwell (5th Generation CPU)
(2015-03-06, 14:52)Helioy Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 23:29)tutu Wrote: I recieved my NUC5i5RYK on Friday but I was without a m2 SSD until today. I've setup Kodi on Ubuntu 14.04 minimal install which works beautifully fast etc.

The only issue is that my remote is not working, it worked with haswell nuc.

At some point when Kodi gets the integrated emulators I'm going to put that on, if that ever happens.

Found this,

https://communities.intel.com/message/280844

Sorry I just brought this without reading much.. Upgrading from the haswell as I like to play with new stuff

Funny. I'm running Win8.1 and it works out-of-the-box (after driver install). MCE remote. However, proper setup with irss server suite is required for some keys after a quick test.

irss server suite works for Kodi?

My remote worked in Windows 8.1 and after driver install. But some keys dont work like info and the equivalent of c in normal keyboard.
Do these remotes work in Linux(Ubuntu)?
No - https://communities.intel.com/thread/605...0&tstart=0
| myHTPC |
Thank you. One last question, most of the places that sell these don't mention if the power cord is included or not. Is there like a particular item number for those with power cords, or do I need to ask the seller?
All nucs nowadays come with the power cord that runs to the wall for the region its being released for. The original nucs were about the only ones not to come with the power cord. But intel leanred quickly from that mistake and offer power cords for all their nucs now.
(2015-03-06, 20:11)agender Wrote: Thank you. One last question, most of the places that sell these don't mention if the power cord is included or not. Is there like a particular item number for those with power cords, or do I need to ask the seller?

The NUC is shipped with power cord and several adaptors.
Firewall/Router pfSense 2.2 (Super Micro A1SRi-2558) - TV SHARP LC-40LE924E - AP Netgear R7000 (Stock FW) - Switch HP ProCurve 1410-8G - HTPC Intel NUC5i3RYH (OpenELEC + Plex) - Synology DS213+ (2x3TB ST3000DM001-1CH166-301) - Laptop AlienWare M17R2 - Popcorn Hour A-210 (Dead)
Ok thank you, because I noticed on amazon you can get the 4th gen without power cord option and thought maybe this was the case here. One last question, Fry's site is not clear, but I can get this in store, or just order on-line for in-store pickup?
I have the NUC5i3RYH and i can't use my CIR from original MCE kit in either 14.1 or 14.2b or 15.0
It does work in OpenELEC 5.0.5
I have deactivated the internal CIR.
(2015-03-06, 21:13)agender Wrote: Ok thank you, because I noticed on amazon you can get the 4th gen without power cord option and thought maybe this was the case here. One last question, Fry's site is not clear, but I can get this in store, or just order on-line for in-store pickup?

all fry's should have i3 by now, but for the i5 is not yet, earliest is by tuesday, that what they told me. I got mine at central computer.
(2015-03-06, 15:41)tfouto Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 14:52)Helioy Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 23:29)tutu Wrote: I recieved my NUC5i5RYK on Friday but I was without a m2 SSD until today. I've setup Kodi on Ubuntu 14.04 minimal install which works beautifully fast etc.

At some point when Kodi gets the integrated emulators I'm going to put that on, if that ever happens.

Found this,

Sorry I just brought this without reading much.. Upgrading from the haswell as I like to play with new stuff

Funny. I'm running Win8.1 and it works out-of-the-box (after driver install). MCE remote. However, proper setup with irss server suite is required for some keys after a quick test.

irss server suite works for Kodi?

My remote worked in Windows 8.1 and after driver install. But some keys dont work like info and the equivalent of c in normal keyboard.

Can't say that it will work with this IR, but it worked with my old HTPC cabinet (That was the IMON IR). Furthermore, it was the only way to use all the buttoms the remote. So I think it will do the trick. But, yet IRSS server suite works for kodi natively.If I were going to use the IR, then I would definitely try IRSS server suite out. http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...rt.119847/
Win 8.1 64bit
NUC5i5RYK, Onkyo TX508, LG 42LM620T
I went with the i3 slimmer model with 4gb of ram, a 500gb Toshiba Hybrid HDD, and MS keyboard mouse combo. Part of me has buyers remorse on the HDD as part of me things SSD? But, that only be 120gb SSD at this price and has me thinking yeah the 500gb is enough space for a lot of media(along with 40gb and growing music). Thank you all.

Found this,

What exactly do you mean by minimal install? What image are you using exactly? I've tried installing Ubuntu 14.04 but the installation menus were all messed up (stuff not drawn properly, missing text, etc.). After some searching I found that you need Ubuntu 15.04. I installed 15.04 successfully but now I have problems getting the sound over HDMI running. Any luck there?
(2015-03-06, 14:50)Roby77 Wrote: What about

https://communities.intel.com/message/239181#239181

That is for haswell, not broadwell but thanks.
(2015-03-09, 10:04)oxyris Wrote: What exactly do you mean by minimal install? What image are you using exactly? I've tried installing Ubuntu 14.04 but the installation menus were all messed up (stuff not drawn properly, missing text, etc.). After some searching I found that you need Ubuntu 15.04. I installed 15.04 successfully but now I have problems getting the sound over HDMI running. Any luck there?

I am using the Ubuntu 14.04 minimal server ISO (because it supports UEFI). The normal minimal ISO does not.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=165707

By following the guide you have a really low weight XBMC install.

You will need to update your kernel (I used 3.19). Sound over HDMI works fine for me, just make sure you select the right pass through device (assuming you are using an amp?)

Does your remote work?
I got my NUC today NUC5i5RYH and so far am very happy with it except one thing which is bugging me.

The fan is constantly running around 3100rpm, I've tried balanced and the quite profiles in the BIOS.

I'm running windows 8.1 on a Samsung Evo 840 Pro SSD, and even when it's just idling, the fan constantly runs at 3100rpm. Is this normal? I expected it to slow down when it's not in use.

My old laptop's fan used to go off completely if I hadn't been using it for awhile.

Many thanks

Riva
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Broadwell (5th Generation CPU)6