Add additional home menu links on Aeon Nox for AppleTV 1
Hi there, this is my first post on this forum so please excuse me if I do anything accidentally against forum rules. I have a first generation Apple TV with XBMC version 13 and I am using the Aeon Nox skin. I am trying to create additional home menu links so that I can have one link go directly to my movies, then another link that will go directly to my kid movies, And then possibly a third link to go straight to my 3-D movies. I have searched this forum and looked online and found links on how to do this but when I found a video on YouTube showing how to do this,The menu options seem to be different on there Aeon Nox skin than mine. Basically, I want three "Movie" links on my main home menu bar. Then, I believe that I'm supposed to create a smart playlist for each of those categories. The most difficult part is finding the options to actually create the links on the home menu bar and second, I cannot find the options to attach the playlist onto those links. One more thing, I don't know if it makes a difference but I do have this on my first generation Apple TV so maybe the menu structure or options are different for the skin compared to the PC version. Hopefully someone can help me.
(2015-01-06, 18:38)gringogil Wrote: Hi there, this is my first post on this forum so please excuse me if I do anything accidentally against forum rules. I have a first generation Apple TV with XBMC version 13 and I am using the Aeon Nox skin. I am trying to create additional home menu links so that I can have one link go directly to my movies, then another link that will go directly to my kid movies, And then possibly a third link to go straight to my 3-D movies. I have searched this forum and looked online and found links on how to do this but when I found a video on YouTube showing how to do this,The menu options seem to be different on there Aeon Nox skin than mine. Basically, I want three "Movie" links on my main home menu bar. Then, I believe that I'm supposed to create a smart playlist for each of those categories. The most difficult part is finding the options to actually create the links on the home menu bar and second, I cannot find the options to attach the playlist onto those links. One more thing, I don't know if it makes a difference but I do have this on my first generation Apple TV so maybe the menu structure or options are different for the skin compared to the PC version. Hopefully someone can help me.

Hi there and welcome Smile

First of all you should know that Aeon Nox is a very heavy skin that needs a lot of power to work flawlessly, so it could be that you run into problems like movies not playing accurate etc.
Still it's worth a try because Aeon Nox is in my opinion the best and most beautiful skin there is for Kodi/XBMC.

Now to your problem:
1. Create smart playlists to your needs. Have a look over here to learn how to create Smart Playlists (look at point 1.2) LINK
2. After you created your Smart Playlist go to: Settings - Appearance - Skin Settings - Main Menu Item Customizer
Now choose one of the "Custom" items (should be crossed out) and hit enter. First enable the item and after that hit Choose Type - Video Playlist - Your Playlist
Additionally you can now chose a different Icon, Name, Position etc to fit it to you needs

Hope I could help Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add additional home menu links on Aeon Nox for AppleTV 10