A fork of the Official XBMC Remote to fix a number of bugs is now available
Hi,

The official XBMC Remote app on Google Play store does not seem to be maintained by the team any longer. I am currently working on an Android app to control my Karaoke server using XBMC/Kodi as a Media Player and needing to use a tool similar to XMBC Remote to debug some JSON RPC 2.0 API protocol. The official remote seems to "crash" a lot so I decided to spend some time to fix it up. It has no new feature -- It just works the way the it was supposed to.

This is a fork from the official XBMC Remote v1.09 Project to fix a number of bugs:

1. Null pointer exception at several places
2. Fix add/play/remove media items to playlist
3. For new devices without a permanent menu button, the XBMC icon at the bottom left of the Home screen will bring up the setting option menu.
4. Touching the title bar of the nowplaying, playlist, media browsing list will bring up the option menu for that activity/controller
5. After spending considerate amount of time tracing through the logic of Media file browsing logic attempting to fix the problem with index out of bound error, I found the problem and fixed it. XBMC Remote should not crash when browsing for media files anymore.

I have been testing XBMC Remote on my Raspberry Pi running XBMC for several days without problem. You are welcome to try if you like the Offical XBMC Remote UI.

You can get it at

https://github.com/DanhKE6D/XBMC-Remote.git

Cheers,

DanhDroid
@DanhDroid

A big thank you, you've done a great job with this and for the first time since XBMC Remote v1.09 was released it now works as it should, tested on my Nexus 9.

All I need to do now is get it working on my phone with Gingerbread, yes I know, Gingerbread is past its prime but does what I need. I guess the target .apk was for an Android version later than this so I will download the SDK and create a new .apk.

Thanks,

Sparkyhall
@DanhDroid

Thanks dude!!! Work great.
Great job! keep it up. Perhaps you could think of a more clean UI (meaning more defined buttons and layout)

Thanks for the work
In case you missed the announcement. Kore (https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....xbmc.kore) is our new official android remote. UI is really clean and it's working great for me.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thank you for great work.

Do you still maintain this XBMC Remote ?

Until now it worked great, but after updating to KODI 14.2 from XBMC 12.3 the "Back" button stopped working as before.

In Frodo 12.3 the "Back" button worked as a "Step back 7 seconds in the current video." but now it "go from video playback to main menu"

Is it possible to make it as it worked before ?

If not. "Left gesture" working as "Step back 30 seconds in a video." is it possible to change this from 30sec to 10sec ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A fork of the Official XBMC Remote to fix a number of bugs is now available0