Upgraded to Kodi - everythings #@($&*^#@($
So, I tried to upgrade to XBMC v11 two years ago, and basically ended up reverting back to Dharma, because all my custom addsons and everything broken, the movies werent being categorized into sets, all my favorite/playlist home items were gone, etc etc.

Now, I was basically forced to upgrade to Kodi because I kept getting popups saying "The version you are running is no longer supported, please upgrade, please upgrade."

Exported my library, uninstalled XBMC Dharma - and very, very disappointed to find out that 4 years later, the problems in the default skin are still there.

The video sets doesnt pull the image art properly from TMDB and instead uses the poster/fan art from the first movie... Sad

I go in the appearance settings, and there is no way for me to modify the home buttons...

so I guess I still have to use addons/scripts whatever?

Can someone please recommend a VERY easy to use Home Button modifier?

I just want to customize my "playlists", I need 5 different "TV PLAYLISTS" and 5 different "MOVIE" playlists.

Thank you....
So you went from v10 to v14 and were very very disappointed that things weren't the same? You need to stay with the times my friend! Many of the new skins (Aeon Nox, Amber) have options for configuring the home menu/buttons and creating custom playlists. You just need to search around and find which skin suits your needs best. I use CCM (Confluence Customizable Mod) and it has all sorts of extra customizations that can be done.

Glad you finally bit the bullet and updated! Good luck to you
xx
They keep the default skin as simple as possible so people that don't have new(er) computers are able to run it. Once you start adding options/addons/customizations it creates the need for a better computer to run them all but that's why they have the skin repository. The raspberry pi for example is able to use the default skin well enough and it's really by no means a typical PC. I'm pretty sure it has it's own special fork of the skin but you get what I'm saying....

As far as CCM, they're currently working on a new build for Helix so its a WIP but here:

https://github.com/Mudislander/skin.ccm.helix

Download the file as a ZIP, then from KODI Setup > Addons > Install from ZIP and browse to the downloaded file
Once installed you just need to enable it and then select that skin from the appearance menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to Kodi - everythings #@($&*^#@($0