Req Kodi Client - Official
I am using XBMC for some time now and there is no doubt about the range of options and add-on it provides BUT...you know there is always a BUT why we don't have CLIENT app for Kodi! Any client app?

This is big market gap here...Not to mention I also use Plex and you have to accept that there latest client app (including an APP for Smart TV's) is amazing which allows not just access you Video/Pictures/Music library on its clients app but CHANNELS too which include 1Channle, SS-Plex etc etc (Not too many though and that's where Kodi comes in handy).

I think we should consider this and release a CLIENT app which just streams everything from Server running on PC or wherever simple DLNA...I saw many threads on this topic but they all want to port entire Kodi to these client platforms like TV's etc which is I know is a big ask but we can write a light weight client?
Kodi is the client.
OK....a client of a client Smile but I think you know what I meant?

This light weight client won't have any functionality to maintain I.e. Add/Remove add-on, libraries etc just an interface.
Something like yatse ?
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
We don't mind the market gap - plex fills it for us ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That's fine than....if you have decided never to develop one then....sure close the request!

I think for the user like me...which are non-technical and do not want to be hassle to much...will have to let Kodi go...as its not useful the way we want it... Plex is by far easier to setup and have more functionality....anyway....thanks for the clarification...I will now stop searching Google!

@TRaSH, No Yatse is just a remote control as far as I have seen....I doubt Yatse can stream media...But if you get a chance try Plex Android/iOS mobile app in which you can stream directly not just control...
I think Yatse actually can stream to the local device it's installed on but I'm not sure.

But apart from that what's stopping you from installing Kodi on the device you want to consume the media on? Set your media source (NAS?) as a source in Kodi and you're good to go. There are full versions available for basically all operating systems there are.
Yes yatse can stream from kodi to itself. Kodi works on android and ios. There is no need for kodi to run on smart TVs as kodi's use case is as a computer plugged into your TV anyway.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Client - Official0